Samsung 2018 power outlet "wrecking ball"

Hey Guys, so this outlet was fine for a while, 2 nights ago moved it into my kitchen from the LR, and it's gone insane. With the default HE zigbee driver it started throwing errors. I've factory reset it, and rediscovered it, without removing it. For a short while I tried a generic driver but that didn't help either.
These are my logs:
dev:55212020-08-03 04:54:55.110 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeOutlet.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)

dev:55212020-08-03 04:32:44.104 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeOutlet.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkEventInterval)

dev:55212020-08-03 04:25:55.317 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeOutlet.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)

dev:55212020-08-03 04:19:09.515 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeOutlet.checkPresence() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkPresence)

dev:55212020-08-03 03:54:55.102 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeOutlet.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)

I even tried clearing the capabilities with @markus "generic zigbee toolbox" driver, but it still producing errors, even after factory reset.
TIA

You have scheduled tasks from the old version of the driver that you used. I would recommend using another driver that will clean those up before switching to another driver. The generic driver doesn't have the methods, ping, checkEventerval or checkPresence so it will post an error every time the scheduler tries to run those methods that were scheduled with the old driver.

The alternative would be for you to remove the device from Hubitat and re-add it.

Here's a post from Mike about how to add the "unschedule" method to a user driver.

1 Like

This driver has a command for removing all schedules.

Thank you, sadly I've not yet upgraded to the latest. I can't give up the "auto add ghost" feature. It's been extremely helpful in locating trouble devices. Once the feature is added to the release schedule then I can upgrade. Mike said it had to be removed since the feature, was in limited cases, interfering with pairing of devices, although I've been fine.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.