Same rule at 2 different times

I have a motion sensor in my Living Room with 2 lights. I want to be able to turn these 2 lights on when motion starts, off after 3 mins of inactive motion between Sunrise -90 and 9am AND between Sunset -90 and 11PM.

I have setup 2 Motion Motion lighting apps. 1 for the Sunrise and 1 for the Sunset. The Sunrise works but Sunset does not. Logs are telling me they won't turn on becausep its NOT within timeframe.

Can you setup a Motion Lighting App like this? I'm not up on the Private Boolean thing so if that what I have to do please explain.

Post a screenshot of your motion lighting rules.

Here's what I have for my kitchen which seems to be working. But do the same for Living Room and only one rule works.

Well, first of all, the time frames you state don't cover for 24 hours of the day. So I'm assuming that you also only want the motion lights to turn on during those times? So, more accurately:
Between rise-90 and 9am - turn on then off after 3 minutes?
Between sunset-90 and 11pm - turn on the. Off after 3 mins?

Well, first, your motion apps have a 1 min timeout in them.

#2 what is the timeout for the sensor to go inactive?

@Ryan780 my motion detectors are iris zigbee. They timeout within 30 seconds. I have a motion rule setup with another iris motion in the kitchen with the same rules and this work. When I create 2 new ones for living room, I get the error saying not in time frame.

Well, what time is it where you are now? Is it within the timeframe that you specified in the ML app?

@Ryan780 RIght now it's 8:33pm. Yes it's within the time frame it should be on. It doesn't go on. Logs say NOT within the time frame

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.