Same as everyone else .121 zigbee issues

garden spot one dropped off my mesh.

re=-add would find it but wouldnt work..

remove device totally still doesnt work..

finds it says initializing but never finishes adding it..

@bobbyD

1 Like

going to sound jaded but this is the first device no mattery what i did couldnt add back to the c8.. in fact zigbee is hosed.. look at this 3 device in discovery.. seriously thinking on going back to the c7. .. refunds should be offered. there yas been enough time to fix it.. it was better when on the old stack..

2 Likes

the device is never added correctly it is added as type device with no info.. and if i remove and readd power to it.. it is still in pairing mode as evident by the flashes of multi colors.

shutdown and reboot radio doesnt help

by the way i was able to add this device on the c8 when it was on the old stack as i did it a couple of weeks ago... so it did work at one pt

@support_team

Yes, me too - getting fairly bored and frustrated by jumping through endless hoops with no change in outcome with my zigbee devices.

On the plus side I have now memorized the reset/re-pair sequence on most of my zigbee devices.

Ironically I have been stable on the zigbee side the past couple days but am having one hell of a time with z-wave.

I know that this is "cold comfort" but I'm very confident that the Hubitat Staff are working hard to isolate the source of the issue.
I suppose that the reason why the testing didn't uncover many of these issues is because the testing may have been focused on the migration of an entire Hub to the C8. That doesn't seem to be part of the issue - the migration seems to work fine, and the everyday operation of those devices seem to work fine.
It appears from the notes that I've read that it's the "onboarding" of new devices that seems to be the issue.
I'm sure it's very difficult to test every single combination and permutation of devices.
This is really the area where matter is supposed to shine - the onboarding process (from what I've seen), is consistent and easy to use.
Good luck, and have patience!
P.S. So far, with every device that I've tried (Zigbee & Zwave) as long as I've gotten the right factory reset/exclusion keystrokes - I've been successful at onboarding.
(That's me, knocking on wood!)

2 Likes

The tough part it's not everyone.
My stuff seems to be working well, knock on wood.

1 Like

Agreed. I haven''t touched any of my (only 10) zigbee devices since pairing them to my C-8 a few weeks ago. I would know if they weren't working, as some are motion sensors used for motion lighting.

Wish everyone was having that experience.

3 Likes

Actually the devices I've been having problems with were all devices that worked fine on the C7 and did not after migrating - and I think that is the case for others as well. Some folks also seem to be having problems with net new devices.

1 Like

I'm sorry if I'm reading the situation incorrectly - there may be a multitude of issues that are affecting some people.
I'm sure that the folks at Hubitat are working as hard as possible to work them out.

1 Like

Of that I have no doubt.

1 Like

I noticed (and reported via another forum) if you simply join 1 (and only 1) Zigbee router to a C-8 (I tried with Iris V2 plug as well as GE Zigbee dimmer), it will work until you reboot. Then it won't...

Oddly, the single router configuration is key to exposing this problem. Don't need apps or other devices to show this issue; just 1 router and 1 hub:

Neighbor table looks like this after C-8 reboot with 2 routers in the configuration:

Neighbor Table Entry
[GE plug, 63DB], LQI:215, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Iris plug H4, EA6B], LQI:188, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
Both plugs work.

Neighbor table looks like this after reboot with 1 router:

Neighbor Table Entry
[Iris plug H4, EA6B], LQI:188, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:0 <<< outCost=0 means 'no link status'
Plug doesn't work (rebuild and/or wait? fixes); if it had child devices they'd also fail.

This issue will can cause users to experience wildly different effects in the course of setting up and maintaining a system-- I first noticed the 'reboot' syndrome after a firmware upgrade on my simple C-8 test setup (even weirder, normal operation resumes after doing nothing but waiting 40-90 minutes, or doing 'Rebuild Network' which fixes it immediately). Those with smaller, simpler setups would be running into issues that people with more typical setups won't be seeing; more confusingly, devices joined as child devices of the hub would still work; those joined as child devices of a lone router would not.... and as end devices change parents the confusion factor multiplies.

2 Likes

I do think/hope that the number of hubs out there w/just a single Zigbee router would be a small % of users, so it seems unlikely that this (interesting) issue is behind a significant portion of the problems reported here. I don't really know, of course, and it is good to share the info just in case.

1 Like

Tony... I'm not sure if I can duplicate the problem. I rebooted my only Zigbee hub and grabbed a ChildandRouteInfo as soon as possible. Most of my HBFC are not shown, in fact, not much is shown. However, all my Zigbee stuff is working.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [networkId=0, childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=FFFF]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Repeater 2 (HBFC), 0E21], LQI:168, age:0, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Fan Outlet 5, 4959], LQI:255, age:1, inCost:1, outCost:0
[UpperBath Sink Dimmer, 5B2E], LQI:168, age:1, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Pool Table Switch, 92B7], LQI:200, age:1, inCost:1, outCost:0
[MasterBed WallDimmer2, B3F8], LQI:255, age:1, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Study TV outlet, D069], LQI:255, age:1, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:High Ram, [null, 0000] via [null, 0000]
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [MultiSenZigbAD (MasterBed Closet), AE09] via [null, 0000]
1 Like

In all seriousness (IMHO) far from being just interesting, it indicates something important and basic is broken (some enumeration happening in a reset/reboot sequence can't handle a list of '1' items) and probably easily fixed.

No telling ultimately what other symptoms that could cause, but it would certainly eliminate a lot of variables caused by configuration differences, and make other troubleshooting easier.

4 Likes

Agree...there are likely some "canary in a coal mine" aspects to this issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes