"run actions" button missing

Several of my long time rules no longer have the "Run Actions" button. The rule still runs per the triggers, and I can run the actions from another rule, but why is the RAB missing? Deleting and rebuilding these rules would be a LOT of work. I long for a cut and paste in rule building, as well as the ability to comment out individual lines in a rule. @bravenel

Please show one of the rules.

STOP THE PRESSES - I HAVE IMPORTANT INFO.....This rule was no longer executing based on its own triggers.

I often tinker with the triggers of my TOD rules. Just for grins I removed all 4 TOD triggers on this rule and save the rule. Reloaded it and "Run Actions" and "Update" are back now. The problem seems to be in the triggers. The BAD NEWS is added in new triggers are not functional. Hoever, update and run action are both functional.

I have at least two rules that have lost their "Run Actions" button. Thank you for your time Bruce.
Just noticed event the UPDATE button is missing.

The logic around the Run Actions and Update buttons is super simple. They show up once the rule has been installed the first time (hitting Done). After that, they always show up.

Look at the app status page, Application State section, for a state variable called "installed". Let me know what it says.

It says installed true

Wife says it's dinner time - I'll play with this some more this evening. At least I'm happy that I may not have to recreate the rule. Although I do clone the rules every so often so it wouldn't be a big deal either.

When I try to edit my triggers now - I get this screen

I've run into something similar in the past. My current rule has no triggers and I call the actions from a separate rule with the TOD triggers - less chance to lose my main rule. I really don't know where I am right now. I did a safe reboot from the settings page - didn't seem to make any difference.

There is definitely something odd. When I was able to delete all triggers from the rule before - then the "update" and "run actions" buttons came back. I'm on a Win10 PC using Chrome. Platform 2.1.8.117

Got this error just now running a simple rule.

And these earlier

Something is messed up with your rule, and I can't tell what. With state.installed true, it would display both buttons. The fact that it does not, and that you are getting a blank screen, suggests to me some sort of corruption in your db or for that particular rule. I don't have the means to diagnose it from here. All I can suggest is to remove the rule and recreate it.

Thanks for looking at it Bruce. I'm going to just make a habit on lengthy rules to keep the triggers in a separate rule. I feel there is some correlation between changing the triggers and the problem I'm seeing. Again, I appreciate your time. I just love my Hubitat - I spend at least 2 hours a day tinkering.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.