Rules and Triggers, zigbee bulbs, dumb switches

I'm trying to write some type of rule or something to change my zigbee lights (ecosmart color bulbs) to role with my modes.

So my daytime I want them cool white at 100%, early evening to change to warm white 100%, then at night night, to warm white and 30%. They're run by dumb 3 way switches and I don't want to have to leave them on 24/7 for it to work.

I'd like to be able to turn them on at 9am and the daytime schedule run, then turn them off and leave for the day, and when I get home at 8 or so, flip the lights on and have them come on warm white.

It's this possible at all? Or would it be possible if I had switches? I fear that it's just missing the trigger so it won't change without me running it from the device.

Are you turning them on and off with the dumb switches? I'd really suggest you not do that. It's best to leave the power to the bulbs on 24/7, and use some other method to trigger on/off. For example, you could use a motion sensor, or a smart button, or a switch on an HE dashboard. There are multiple choices here, depending on your preferences. Personally, I like motion sensors because in most cases I just want things to happen. But I also have a couple of smart buttons that are programmed to operate lights.

Once you have that sorted, you can use a Rule Machine rule, Simple Automation Rules, or the built-in "Mode & Motion Lighting" app to easily set up your lights per mode. I do something very similar using Rule Machine.

1 Like

I hear you. Im just building my devices now. Actually it seems to work if I trigger turning them off or by mode.