Rule within a temperature or time range

So here is my question and I am coming back up to speed with RM. I have a couple of situations one is having an action happen if only within a temperature range so in this case the heater turns on at 68.5 and turns off at 69.5 the other is some outside lighting I want to come on at sunset and turn off at sunrise. I know I can make a rule for on and another for off but can one rule do it all?

For the light, yes, it’s easy. Use a rule with time-of-day capability. Put sunset as the first time and sunrise as the second time. Then the rule will autofill to time between those two times. For true, turn on the light, for false, turn off the light.

yes thank you I figured it out but haven't had the time to post it

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know this post really helped with a Rule I was trying to set up for controlling a Garage fan. I wanted it to turn on between a time range and a temperature range. This example helped me configure a Rule that I am currently testing. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.