Rule stopped working since upgrading to the latest platform

I have a Fibaro FGBS-222 Smart Implant. It's connected to dry contacts on a telephone system. The automation detects when the telephone is ringing and turns on a HUE light. This stopped working after the upgrade. Tonight I rolled back the platform to v2.2.0.132 and everything is working correctly again.

Any thoughts?

An image of the rule might help. Also could simple automation not do what you want? Did you go into the rule and try re saving before rolling back?
Was the fibro responding and showing open/closed events? Was the hue still controllable?

Everything else has been working just fine. It was completely by accident that I found out tonight the lamp no longer illuminates when the phone rings. The rule hasn't changed since well before the version update. I did not use a simple rule because I wanted to play around with waits and timing (I'm still not done with this). For what I was thinking, a simple rule just doesn't offer the flexibility.

The HUE light is controllable. I can manually turn it on/off from the device page or dashboard, and it works with other rules. The other 100+ devices on the hub work correctly, so it definitely doesn't appear to be a hub (hardware) issue. As I mentioned, the rule started working as designed as soon as I rolled back the platform version.

When the rule was no longer working and the phone would ring, there are no log entries at all associated with the rule. With the platform rolled back, I'm getting correct log entries again.

This is the rule... Right now it's pretty straight forward. I still plan to play with some of the parameters, but since it basically works, I'm not in a hurry to do this.

The log entries for the Fibaro device through the day are below. The most recent ones are after I restored the older platform.

On a skim that looks like the driver isn't processing the fibro open/close message, what driver are you using?

I found a link on the Compatible Devices Wiki. This is a link to the driver...

It looks like there may have been some very recent changes made. I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet, but I almost get the impression that it shouldn't make a difference here. I'll have to look a little deeper into this...

Could try the generic z-wave contact handler
Or look through the code and find the section covering the debugs, and chang it to v4 as that is what isnt getting processed

The last platform update messed up a number of my devices and automations:

• The driver for the Zooz double switch stopped sending on/off commands. Would only send dimmer levels. (subsequently was fixed in a minor update)
  • A few of my devices in various groups/scenes flipped their state
  • A simple automation also flipped from off to on

I would double check your rules, scenes, etc. Actually drill down into them, and save/done everything. In one case the scene summary was different that what was selected in the drop downs.

Update your driver to new version. Mine did the same thing and updating fixed it

@repsej104 is right, I had to change the driver to fix what the update broke.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look this over, reply and offer help! The community here really comes together!

@christi999 Thank you very much for A) creating the driver to begin with and B) taking the time to modify it to work with the new platform version. This has been a huge help!

I'll update everything later today.

Thanks, also, the driver is now supported by the Hubitat Package Manager if you want easier updates in the future...

Thanks. I'm still very new to Hubitat so many of these capabilities (Hubitat Package Manager) are still along what seems like a fairly steep learning curve. It sounds like something I really should know and understand though.

No pressure, I was reluctant to try it myself until last week.

1 Like