Rule Skipping

Im very confused why its skipping everything

Im very new to the conditional thing is there a tutorial or vid i should watch i read the documentation but didn't really get anything from it

You want your trigger to be "changed" rather than active. That way it is continually evaluated.

1 Like

i really like the rule machine but i just don't know how to use the options, like i want to make a rule that when the physical switch is used i won't turn off until it is physically turned off i've tried but it never works i did change the trigger thank you

The Rule 4.0 docs contain a basic motion lighting example , which wouldn't do everything you mentioned in your second post but would get you much closer to what you'd want from a basic motion lighting rule and show you the general structure you need for this (a "changed" trigger with an IF THEN/ELSE/END-IF is indeed the best way to go).

However, for your specific needs: have you checked out Motion Lighting instead? It can already do what you're asking for with regards to the physical switch, and it's a lot easier to set up. If you do want to use RM (certainly possible but a lot more work), I'd highly recommend reading the docs I linked to first. Good luck!

1 Like

thank you sir i have some reading to do

1 Like

I think we were all in that boat and it just takes time, lots of reading and trying things. Although long, I would read (may take a few days in smaller doses) [Released] Rule 4.0 There are lots of examples and explanations.

2 Likes

thank you for the reply i have some reading to do

1 Like