Rule Machine - What am I doing wrong?

:point_up_2:

I feel your pain. Only recently it has started to make sense for me. Still have a lot to learn but at least I have sorta figured out when to use a rule vs a triggered rule, cancel on truth change etc. Something clicked and it started to make sense. The first thing I had to realize is you can't use perfectly linear logic like we did with webCore. Multiple rules and Private Booleans are your friend...fight it like I did and you will lose.

3 Likes

That makes sense. I don't know that stop on truth change is needed, since that's pretty much what Stop Actions is doing isn't it? I'm just not an expert on RM yet. I'll keep working at it!

Haha, stop on truth change already is an option. It's only there for rules, not triggers, triggered rules, or actions -- because none of those involve truth change.

Well, that sure puts emphasis on how "green" I am with RM, doesn't it? :smiley:

@bravenel
Yes this would be awesome. Could a sub section be created in the forums for RM? Then we could have all the helpful hints and shared rules available in one place.

I am also having trouble wrapping my head around RM. I know it can do all that I need. I just cannot ever seem to put the pieces together..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.