Rule machine - unparseable date

@bravenel I was playing around with variables and variable math. Deleted the variable and the rule. Now when I click Rule Machine I get this error.
LOG ENTRY
[app:7](https://192.168.x.x/logs#app7)2020-01-13 09:15:05.924 pm [error](https://192.168.x.x/installedapp/configure/7)java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "12:18:00.000" on line 340 (mainPage)

SCREEN SHOT

Is there an easy fix? Should I restore the data base?

I stopped being a 'fraidy-cat and restored last nights back-up. I'm still getting that error.

If you had a time variable with a connector, you can repair the connector. Please post the App Status page for Rule Machine.

Also, you might try restoring an older copy of the database, to before when the corruption happened.

We will have a hot fix release out that will correct this problem.

The hot fix release 2.1.8.117 is available now, and it should resolve this problem for you.

1 Like

That fixed my issue with RM. My wife would like to submit a list of my other issues to see if your abilities are as miraculous as I just joyfully announced to my family. :rofl:

Sorry to revive an old thread - this was the closest to the issue I’m seeing. I upgraded my hub to 2.3.0.112 yesterday and I’m now getting this unparsable date error.

I’m not sure how to proceed. Thanks!

First thing to try would be to upgrade to .113 IIRC there may be a fix in it for this. If that doesn’t work try entering the parent app and clicking done.

What version of Rule is this? And as suggested, please be sure you are on the latest release.

Thank you - I see that there is a new version available now. I just updated to it - but still have the same problem.

It is a rule 4.1.

I’m not sure what you mean “entering the parent app”. Enter Rule Machine Legacy? I tried that, clicked done, but it didn’t help.

I’d be happy to rewrite this as a new rule (if it’s the legacy rule set causing this) - but I don’t have the old code and I did this long ago and don’t remember what I did. Is there a way to see the code? I have plenty of backup files.

Just updated to the current version (2.3.0.116) and my issue is gone! Thanks!

1 Like

I'm running 2.3.0.124 and seem to be getting this same unparsable date error when setting up a rule with just times either through Basic Rules or Rules Machine. Has this issue started again in the latest version or is there something else I need to try here?

I seem to still being having this issue, any thoughts on how to resolve @bravenel @bfisher ?

Need to show the rule that has the problem, possibly explain context if not obvious.

@bravenel This is the rule, i'm trying to setup a rule to only run between a certain time (7am to 11pm), but when I add the condition I get the "Error: Unparseable date: "07:00:00"" error. This is a Basic Rule, but same things happens with Rule Machine rules.

What platform build are you on? Also, please show the main setup page for the rule. It would also be helpful if you could show a screenshot of the logs. Same for the Rule Machine rule.

@bravenel I'm running 2.3.0.124 on Rev C-7 Hardware.

Everything is fine on the rule until I click "Add optional restrictions that limit when this rule runs" and then select "Only between two times" and then set 2 specific times.

Basic Rule Screenshots & Logs

Rules Machine

This is certainly odd. I am not able to reproduce these errors. Your first screenshot of the Basic Rule does not show the restriction in place. So that's confusing. What browser is this? The Basic Rule time picker (and RM), at least in Chrome, Firefox and Safari, does not offer a seconds field, and the app is not expecting seconds. This is most likely the cause of the error.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 10.16.01 AM

Is your time zone set in Localization setting?

@bravenel This is Chrome (latest, 98.0.4758.80) on macOS 11.6 (Arm64 version on an M1 Mac)

Time zone is set to "US/Mountain" and Time Format to "12 Hour".

The error comes up as soon as I set the time condition and then I am not able to modify the rule further without getting the error.

It seems like in Chrome regardless of the step setting the time field always has seconds.

On Safari with the default or a step of 60 there is no seconds.

I'm on the same version of Chrome (different Mac, OS 12.0.1).

I've never seen this before, and it's something caused by the string being returned from the browser. Remove the rule, and recreate it with Safari. See if that throws this error or not.

You showed this above:

Here's what I get in comparison:

You can see the difference in the ending and starting settings. I've never seen a browser return what you're showing.