Rule Machine - True but no action - Help?

Hi, Loving the Hub, moved from ST about a month ago.

I have been having issues with my mood lighting. I have tried the rule below but it doesn't seem to action. The log shows that it becomes true but no action. When i press the 'run this rule' it works fine.

Sorry if it a simple mistake!

Is it turning on? I don't see any obvious problems there, but you do have it restricted to two modes, so were you in one of those when it didn't work? Also, there is a problem with your "Actions for False," where I assume you're missing an "off" action, but I assume that's not what you're taking about (but would eventually notice).

In unrelated news, if you're new and don't already have a history with Rule 3.0, I'd recommend 4.0. Setting up the actions is a bit different, but that way you'll learn what most people are doing going forward instead of the older version (where you won't be able to create new rules in after not very long, assuming you keeping your hub firmware updated). As part of 4.0, restrictions are also getting retired because you can use conditionals in your actions to test for anything and get a bit more flexibility while you're at it--makes troubleshooting things like this a bit easier.

worked in 4.0. just got to work out switch off after 45 mins.

thanks for your help!!

There's an example in the docs that shows almost exactly what you want, so I'd take a look. In short, you'll need to change your trigger ti changed, add an ELSE with a delay and your off action, then add some magic to cancel the delays when active again: [Released] Rule 4.0

That being said, if this is all you're doing in this rule, is there a reason the stock Motion Lighting app won't work for you instead? It's a lot easier to set up and was designed for automations like this. No need to make it harder. :slight_smile: