Rule machine slow

I have a zooz dimmer and set up a rule in rule machine that fades up the lights over 20 minutes. It works great except when I trigger the rule it takes about 2 minutes before the lights start turning on. Itā€™d be nice if they could start turning on immediately. Any ideas how to make that happen?

Post logs for this rule when it runs.

It could be a limitation of the bulbs/lights. I have some globe bulbs around a bathroom vanity that are controlled by a GE/Jasco dimmer. Those bulbs will only dim down to about 6% before they turn off. If one where to fade up from zero, I could see where there would be a delay before the light actually turns on. If I wanted to fade up from off I'd probably have to start with a set level 6 followed by the fade up.

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I have the same issue with a number of fixtures. Mine are all controlled by Lutron Caseta switches, which allows you to adjust the dimmer range to accomodate. But if you don't, you can raise the dimmer level for quite some time before the lights all of the suddenly come on.

1 Like

I have new LED fixtures with built in lights that work at 1% power but it will take about 2 seconds for them to flick on because Iā€™m sure at that lower power range it takes longer for the capacitor to reach charge on the led driver. If I set the initial dim to 10% they flick right on.