Rule Machine rule somehow got stuck on "REPEAT"

Is repeat a rule status like "Stopped" and "Pause" are?
If so, how does a rule get on that status (asking so I can prevent it getting stuck).
If not, read on....

I have an RM rule to lower a shade at sunset. The shade did not always respond to the signal, so I have the rule repeating 6 times, 0.25 seconds apart then ending.

The rule has been working fine for several weeks. Then all of a sudden, no matter what I did at other times, even with the shade remote control, the shade would lower. I thought something was wrong with the shade for about 2 days. I happened to check on HE and saw in apps, after the rule entry, in parenthesis, was "Repeat".

• HE triggers the shade closing command via HE RM
  • Sometimes I trigger the shade closing command early via the android app

How would a rule that is supposed to repeat 6 times, every 0.25 seconds, so run for a total of 1.5 seconds, get stuck on repeat for 2 days?

On the surface, my guess would be that something caused the hub to miss the cutoff and that somehow turned into the rule never ending.

OK, is there a way to prevent it from getting stuck?
Turns out there is an extremely low HAF when a Household member is presses "Open" in the morning on the handheld remote, and it starts to open but then immediately closes again, and it repeats that no matter what they do....

It it's a one-off occurrence, then I wouldn't sweat it, but I would enable logging for the RM rule. Now that you know to look out for it, if it happens again, you'll have the log data to help identify the cause to then prevent it from occurring again.

I presume that the only trigger for the rule in the time, yeah?

Correct.
Sunset is the only trigger for RM.
However, as noted, occasionally there are irregular household ops, which usually results in me triggering the close action (but not the actual rule) from the android app on my phone, but this would not coincide with the RM trigger - usually at least 10 mins or more earlier. There may be times someone uses the remote to lower the shade, but again, it does not coincide with the rule trigger.

Enabled for events, triggers and actions. Thanks.

It got stuck on repeat again. Except this time it got stuck at some point when I was out of town for several days - it worked for MONTHS when I was home then suddenly...

The rule machine trigger for this automation is set to trigger at a specific time, but I don't think it is possible to find anything other than actions in the log - when I enter "trigger" in the search box at the upper right of the log, I get nothing. I think it is because there are so many 1000's or 10,000 entries of the action repeating that these newer repeating entries have filled up the Hubitat and it has dropped the original trigger.

I don’t see that you have ever posted a screenshot of the Rule. Could you please do so? Perhaps, then, we could study the Rule to try to figure out what might be happening.

Also, could you please verify what version of Rule Machine created the Rule, and your firmware version. There have been issues with some versions. Thanks.

Screenshot below, but requires explanation.
ETA: Rule Machine 5.1, and Hub "Platform Version" 2.3.5.146

Rule explanation:
This is for an RF shade. The RF is connected to a Bond Hub, and the Bond Hub is connected to HE.
The Bond Hub/HE connection works great.
The shade RF to Bond Hub connection is not the greatest. The shade remote requires that the remote button be pressed and held. Bond supposedly has programmed this, but it does not work very well.
THUS, I wrote an automation to retrigger the button press 6 times, every 1/4 second, to mimic pressing & holding the button for about 1.5 seconds.
It works, except when it doesn't...

Calinatl, i use a similar routine on all my blinds. I would make two observations that you can try to remedy. First, I don't use END-REP, try remove it. Second, I agree that the shade has a weak connection inasmuch as the shade requires a repeat instruction. When HE executes the command , somewhere between Bond and blind it stops listening for more commands for about 1.5 seconds. I found this by having a single blind command as a button on a dashboard. Consequently, I have changed my repeats to 5 every 5 seconds. It is working fine for me. I do, however, still have the occasional blind that needs repeated manual commands and rarely will only work if first issuing a reverse command.