Rule Machine Not Updating

It looks ok... and it did before too.... so fingers crossed that this thing kicks off right tonight. :slight_smile:

Your sunset time before was 4:30 pm? And the time is your current time? I don't track how that is so. Your time should be off by 7 hours.

Make 100% sure that any Zigbee devices you intend on using are ZigBee HA 1.2 or greater compliant. I picked up one of the older version Iris plugs and HE saw it trying to connect but wouldn't allow it. I decided to take matters into my own hands and manually try 'this and that' to force it and wound up knocking a few bulbs and my thermostat offline in the process. Yeah...NOT COOL! The newer Iris plugs (Iris Smart Plug 2nd Gen 3210-L), which unfortunately may not be around for too much longer since Lowes is ditching the line, are compliant and have pretty strong radios in them so make for good repeaters. I have some Xiaomi contact sensors which would dropoff (known issue) but stay connected 100% now since they are running through the new Iris plug. All of that said, when all else fails, hammer on the forums here before buying or connecting a device you're not sure of. Lord knows the gang here has grown some patience with me as I have 'picked their brains' while I shop for new devices.

Yeah sunset here is around 430pm right now. Shortest day of the year yesterday :slight_smile: Am I following your question?

What time is displaying on your settings page for Sunset? And what is the current time displaying for your hub?

@john.hart3706 am trying out the Peanut Plugs right now... Have you tried them? They seem to be working manually fine...

I plan on picking some up actually. I've heard good things as well about the Peanut's and the Tradfri's.

Current hub displayed time is 10:24AM MST . ... that is correct... although now I am nervous that MST does not mean US Mountain. My settings are set for US Mountain.

Sunset shows up at 4:38pm

Thoughts?

That should all be correct. Did you change anything since last night? From the log you showed, it looked like something was putting your time off by 7 hours.

Hmmm... I was poking and hoping for quite awhile last night so yes... some things have changed... :slight_smile:

I did a reboot,
Drug the hub in the map to my actual location
Made sure my time zone is correct (Thanks for the info on MST!!)
Entered my zip code again (now it actually sticks)

I am hopeful this might have done the trick.... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I can't be sure b/c I wasn't home last night when my EVENING lights were supposed to go on and off but the LOG looks like it worked... so that is pretty exciting!!!

Thanks for all the help!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.