Rule machine issue

Please post the logs from last night

There are logs for a million things.. How do I find it just for the switch?

"Past Logs" offers a series of Filters, which can be applied to individual devices or other named entities, so that all you see are its/their entries:

All that does is show the last time it was triggered and that was about an hour ago to turn it on. I have had these setups for over 2 years and never had an issue. The only time I started having an issue is about 3 months after I changed over to my c-7 from my c-5. I think this is a bad hub. I have another c-7 I could try. It's my back up unit.

1 Like

It worked the second time last night but you don't have any logs for that? Can you verify that all the logging options for the rule as selected then open the live logs page and watch what happens as you trigger the rule?

2 Likes

Can you tell me how to do a warranty on the C-7 box? I changed over to my new one last night and Perfect! All switches worked, the Sleep timer worked like it should have. The older C-7 is bad.

1 Like

A quick look in Support

1 Like

The reason doesn't exist on the drop down.

I bought this one on Amazon back in Jan 2022 I sat on it until about 4 months ago. Hopefully an owner will help me out and at least let me have a new one for a discount. I keep one as a backup so I don't check them out when I get them. I took my C-5 and repurposed it at my Dad's house but this c-7 I was using even though I had it for a while has only been used for 4 months before it started having issues.

Maybe @bobbyD can help?

Out of curiosity did you ever try a backup followed by a restore? The restore process cleans the database if there's been any corruption.

1 Like

Yes. I did and I appreciate all the ideas. The hubitat is the best thing to be invented in my opinion. I completely understand getting a lemon every once in a while. I worked in engineering for 16 years and I have seen my share of bad product off the line. It happens and I am completely ok that it happened but I am out $139 because of it and would appreciate at least one at $99. I bought the one I am currently using for that. I did notice too, that the power adapter changed. The one that went bad had a power adapter and the new one has a power block with a USB plug on the side. Is the change an improvement or a fix? Just checking...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.