Rule Machine® Introduction

@csteele,

Thanks for the reply. Actually it was one of your earlier replies to an earlier RM question that got me on the right track (thanks again). However it was like I was listening to another language and had to translate it to my language to understand it. (i.e. not internalized) . Once I made the mathematical equivalent it "clicked" for me.

Rule Machine Feature Change

Due to problems with Periodic triggers for Every N Seconds, and Every N Minutes, these features have been removed from Rule Machine.

The same things can be accomplished with Repeat These Actions (in the first Action selection group). You will need some way to kick off the rule or trigger, but whatever action was being used with Periodic can be repeated using this new feature.

Repeat These Actions is available for Seconds, Minutes, and Hours. Such repetition in a Rule can be made to stop automatically upon rule truth change. For a trigger, it can be made to stop with another new feature, Stop Actions (in the last Action selection group).

I can confirm it works BUT with Conditions being always True, the log never shows the Rule running. This is quite correct, just different.

scap

As you can see below, the logs show the polling is firing, but with no intermediate log line for the Rule.

dev:285 2018-07-21 08:17:48.413:debug motion inactive
dev:167 2018-07-21 08:17:34.291:info  LivingRoom InWallDimmer is off [physical]
dev:521 2018-07-21 08:17:29.303:info  BBQ Switch is off [physical]
dev:692 2018-07-21 08:17:29.232:info  KidsRoom Wall Switch is off [digital]
dev:285 2018-07-21 08:17:24.113:debug motion active
dev:285 2018-07-21 08:17:11.388:debug motion inactive
dev:167 2018-07-21 08:17:03.118:info  LivingRoom InWallDimmer is off [physical]
dev:521 2018-07-21 08:16:58.158:info  BBQ Switch is off [physical]
dev:692 2018-07-21 08:16:58.066:info  KidsRoom Wall Switch is off [digital]
dev:272 2018-07-21 08:16:51.712:debug motion inactive

Again, it's perfectly correct since the Rule is started once and then runs forever. Thus the only log line would be when it starts. (In my case, 3-4 days ago.)

Is this a feature you plan to make happen?

Since we are asking for things... would it be possible to add capabilities for the attributes aligned with Netatmo devices.

Have you tried @Cobra 's Weather Switch ?

That relies on WU, can it integrate into Netatmo?

Not quite...
WS will work with any weather driver or device that presents the correct attributes
Which specific attributes do you want to switch with?
I can possibly add a few if WS doesn’t work for you.

If you have the driver code for Netatmo, why not just change the attribute to ‘standard’ ones that all the apps (inc WS) use?

Andy

I don’t mind adding a couple of missing attributes but your drivers just use different names for most of them.
I’m sorry but I don’t have the time to completely rewrite the app just for you
Why don’t you just rename the attributes that the driver presents?

Ok. Tell me how they lineup with tour attributes?

Rather than hijack this thread any more than we have done.
I have created a new thread here:

4 Likes

This bug was fixed in the last release, 1.1.2.

How would I make rule that :

Turns Kitchen light off if there is no Motion from kitchen motion sensor for 15 minutes and if the Kitchen Light switch is on ?

This what I do to turn the kitchen light OFF after 11pm if it’s left on for more than 10min.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Bruce,
I was thinking this was not going to work since I reverted my firmware 2/2 my lock issues. To my happy surprise both the cloud and local endpoints are working great. This should allow me shutdown the final piston I am using in webcore.

I also should now be able to trigger presence based automatons through tasker, since Life 360 has been giving me trouble this is doubly great news.

Thanks to everyone at the Hubitat team. Not that my opinion matters so much but, what you guys have created here in such a short time is very impressive.

2 Likes

@bravenel Actions are an awesome feature of RM, it has allowed me to create a rule once and reuse it multiple times. I noticed that actions have the restrictions available when creating/editing however they don’t appear to be evaluated. I was hoping to have a trigger rule that calls 2 actions but I only want one of the actions to run if a virtual switch is on. I would prefer not to setup 2 trigger rules and just use the restrictions of the action.

Any chance you would be willing to make this work? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Restrictions should work for Actions if specified in the action itself. If that's not the case, it would (a) be surprising, and (b) be a bug.

Getting the following error with a rule:

The rule: