Rule Machine - error?

@bravenel I'm running into the same issue, but I fear something more catastrophic is happening. I have a fairly simplistic rule to set some default dimness values based on time, and got this error when adding an additional wait command to the original rule, but just now again when recreating the rule.

Any ideas?

No way for me to tell anything about what's going on without more information. Perhaps a screenshot of the rule? You could have a rule that has become corrupted some how, in which case removing it and recreating it should get you beyond this problem.

1 Like

When I started recreating the rule, I was getting the error trying to add a wait event as the first line, so not a lot to show. Since then, I restored from last week's backup, and the error no longer generates when I add the wait event in. Maybe it's not so strange to hear, but I was out of town and know there were no changes to the hub since the backup was taken. I think I'm in the clear, but still unsure what caused the error.

For posterity though, I originally started getting the error trying to add a Wait until 10:00PM action in between the second and third Dim actions.

@bravenel I'm now getting the same error trying to add another wait event to an old rule. In the screenshotted rule, I was going through the steps to add a wait event to the bottom, and got the same error. The rule continues to operate, but I can't get in to edit any actions.

edit: I did notice that while trying to recreate the rule that the waits are out of order. I don't think that was my doing, but could have been. Issue?

The rule is corrupted somehow, and there is no way to resurrect it. The break is in the UI, which is why it continues to work OK, but cannot be edited. If you didn't need to change it, you could just leave it. Otherwise, remove it and recreate it.

Bummer but thanks. Since this seems to be a regular occurrence with me now, any advice? I did notice that Chrome isn't playing as nice with the UI nowadays with Firefox working much better.

Export the rule and send me the JSON file for it. I can see if I can see what's wrong. See PM I am sending you in a minute.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.