Rule Machine - disable lines

Yeah. What, you want a real buffer? It could be done, but, seriously??

So how do we get to this? I can't find a way or place that allows this cut-n-paste. Is it only for new rules?

Existing rules, new rules.

Can't paste until you cut something...

Well, interesting.... Some rules don't seem to offer the option to cut. I will look into that. Hadn't seen that before...

I spot checked 4-5 rules, and none have that option to cut.

Edit: checked about 10 of them, and none have that.

And yes, I am on latest update!

Ah, I think it hasn't been released in general release yet.

That rule I showed a picture of above was from internal release... Sorry about that. It's coming soon.

FWIW, I'm on 2.2.3.119 (should be the latest public release?) and see it on all the Rule 4.0 instances I've looked at.

1 Like

Me too. Well the ones I have checked anyway.

@bravenel

So I rolled back to 2.2.3.118 and updated again to 119, and Cut is now there. I can't explain what happened, must have been some odd glitch.

Just kidding. The new feature is great and appreciated.

Actually, I think this would be pretty easy now that I think about it... It displays what has been cut, so it could certainly display a list of what's been cut. LIFO stack...

3 Likes

Hahaha. I didn’t mean to put more work on your plate. I was just playing with you. But it looks like I have ‘pinged’ the engineer in you.

If implemented, this would be close enough to my original request to satisfy me. Just being able to park a single line and try executing the rule before pasting is phenomenal.

You Rock!

1 Like

Yeah, I can see how this could work for what you needed in the first place. Just cut all of the actions, then paste them back...

3 Likes

Copy?

No, copy would be extremely complicated. Not worth the effort, imo.