Rule machine color and syntax

Trying to understand how the color coding scheme works in rule machine.

IF (Private Boolean is false(T) [TRUE])
The (T) means ? - the variable is true?
[TRUE] means? - the expressions is evaluated as true?

The (T) shows you the truth of the individual condition. The (TRUE) shows you the truth of the entire expression. In your case you only have one condition in the expression so they will match.

1 Like

thank you- is there any particular location in the documentation I can read up on it?- so I don't have to ask these obvious question in the future.

There is a forum post here that details the latest release, Rule 4.0, but it is partly dependent on knowledge of prior versions since part of the document explains what has changed since 3.0 (and the 3.0 docs mostly explain what is new since 2.5). The official Rule 4.0 docs are basically that forum post (with some missing screenshots, so the post is really better). I'm not sure if there's anything that explains RM in general or Rule 4.0 as if you're totally new, though I don't think the docs are entirely dependent on prior knowledge, so you could just ignore those comments when they appear.

If you have ideas for specific things that could make the documentation better, I think a few community members have edit access to the docs and would love to make things better. (OK, so I do but have yet to actually do anything.) The "(T)" and "(True)" and similar labels sound like good examples of this. Again, it does appear that a complete introduction to RM for new users--at least one for the current version--is missing. If staff does not get around to creating that, perhaps the community can, either here with a wiki post or in the Docs wiki for those who have access. (I think that plus examples of common rule patterns might be good.)

In the meantime, the Community forum is pretty active and (most) people are pretty helpful, so feel free to ask like you have now if you run into problems or have questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.