Rule Machine. Can we have multiple Instances?

I now have 90 RM rules and still growing.
I have named them starting with room name and they are fairly well ordered.
I was wondering if it would be possible to install multiple instance of RM and be able to name the instances so that I could better order them under different headers.
Just a thought and one of those nice to have things. :wink:

1 Like

I too have 90+ rules. I'm not sure that I'd love multiple instances of a program running, and it would probably be a mess to call the action of a rule from one instance to the other. BUT a way to organize groups of rules together besides naming would be helpful.

I doubt this is feasible for a number of reasons, including the one @AndyM describes. One suggestion: Many simple rules can be accomplished by other apps, e.g. Simple Lighting or Button Controller. Most motion lighting rules are better done with Motion Lighting.

I used to have well over 100 rules. Now I have less than 50 and about 30 Motion Lighting apps, and a half dozen each of Button Controller and Simple Lighting.

OK not to worry. From my perspective it would have been a nice to have.

a way to organize groups of rules together besides naming would be helpful.

That's what I'm after.

1 Like

You are referring to the UI of the web interface. We are developing improvements to the UI in other areas, but we can look at this one. One idea that comes from code editors if hiding sections -- 'folding' if you will. It sounds like what you want is a meta-UI, where you can organize the presentation of the UI to suit your specifics.

2 Likes

That would be good. At the moment everything is listed in alphabetical order,
It would be nice to order/group apps as we (well me anyway :wink: )want them.

A post was split to a new topic: Rule Machine or Motion Lighting, which is better?

Would some sort of app like [Release] Virtual Container Driver be able to be adapted to sort/categorise the rules? Just a thought...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.