Rule machine 5.0 trigger on rule paused broken

Looks like trying to create a trigger of rule paused doesn’t work. After selecting the rule you want to trigger off of, the trigger never saves.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Confirmed.

I didn't know what you were talking about. Didn't realize you could do that, I just wrote a rule yesterday that this trigger would be perfect to use.
As you noted, however, it doesn't seem to work. When I select a rule to trigger on pause it does not save.

I will look into it.

3 Likes

I'm having the same issue. I new to writing rules so 'I kept thinking I was doing it wrong. Tried on android app and chrome on windows.

This is working for me since the update yesterday.

This is still not working for me, no way to save -> pause rule machine rule. It gives you the list and you can select the rule, just no way to save it. Version 2.2.8.143

Weird, I just went and made sure but it still works for me. You are two releases back so maybe update and see if that fixes it for you. Current is 2.2.8.147.

Thanks, I had to update from my Android app as the web/chrome app didnt get me to .147, but, no change, still cant save. What is the mechanism to save that you are seeing? do you select the rule to pause and then scroll down to either save or "done"? All I get is refresh or cancel.
I tried with both chrome and firefox

Please show a screenshot of what you are talking about.

This is what it look like for me. The first screenshot shows after selecting rule paused. You select the rule. The second screenshot shows what it looks like after selecting a rule. I can select done with trigger event, which saves it to trigger events

Are you using rule machine? I select the rule to pause in the screens below and nothing happens, I can't get past the images below. I very well could be missing something.

You can select for the trigger to be either on the selected rule Paused or Running (Resumed). From the screen you showed, you pick 'paused' or 'running', and then hit Done With This Trigger Event. Here, I've selected both flavors (which makes no sense, but to show the choices):

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.33.16 AM

I don't get the option to select what type of rule. Perhaps because I only have Rule Machine rules. I have Basic rules installed but I have never used it.

It doesn't offer other apps for the Rule Paused trigger, only Rule Machine apps for the parent RM. You can pause/resume other types of rules as an action, but not trigger off other types of rules. Other apps don't throw events for being paused or resumed, so there is nothing to trigger from.

Sorry, I am struggling a bit. My thought is to create a tile in the dashboard to pause a rule, for example, my garage tilt sensor setting off a siren between certain times. I can pause the rule, open the garage without triggering the rule/siren, and then resume after I close the garage. I may be going about this the wrong way?

This thread is about using a pause or resumed rule as a trigger.

From what you describe you just want to pause or resume a rule based on other triggers.

Virtual button or switch as a trigger that you place on a dashboard to pause your siren rule when activated

Then set the door closing as a trigger to resume said rule.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.