Rule Machine 4 Temperature Comparison

Seems like a perfectly reasonable way to do it to me...

I didn't think anyone used it to be honest. I had that out for months and no one said anything, though I knew about it. LOL

1 Like

oh shoot... I kinda figured that though, I've been searching for a few days to find something to get my PWS data into any smart home stuff... there's almost nothing to be had.

I also have a weather link live station, that cranks out a json file directly... I'm toying with the idea of going straight to the source as my weewx system gets unstable and stops working now and then.

Mind if I use bits of your driver for that? if I embark on it...?

Sure... I ripped this from @Cobra weather driver as it is... Of course I asked just like you !

It's really nice to see someone like respect others code and ask. It's not a normal thing around here.

Al I ask is that you just add your name to the top of the driver code below mine when you are done.

1 Like

Could always use node-red to parse the Json and shove the values you want into habitat using maker API...

That is what I do with my weatherflow weather station.

I've moved to doing as many external (not time sensitive) integrations as I can in node-red. Much easier platform to work on, and I control all the logic directly without having to worry about hubs slowdowns, support issues, or other nonsense like that.

Thanks @JasonJoel I am really fresh to Hubitat from Smartthings, this node-red seems like a totally new world to explore.

I did a fresh push for the driver if you want to update... it includes your fix and corrects the UTF8 encoding.

2 Likes

it doesn't seem to exist at the same GitHub URL it did before, can you point me to it?

Thank you!!

I pulled it because it can't be used anymore since @Cobra removed his repository that required it.

oh that's too bad.... I just went digging around and found out why. that's also quite unfortunate.

I'm no expert on license agreements, is it okay to continue using your code? or should I remove it?

Yup you can still use it !

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.