No actions run when a Rule 5.1 /2.3.3 triggered

Im trying to debug a rule 5.1 that used to work <2.3.3.138 (I did several updates lately and am not sure what/which broke it).

No actions run even though the rule is triggered.

I disabled /all/ the actions and inserted a log command as the only action. even that doesn't run.

It's triggered by a lzw31-sn with the inovelli driver

Both the physical button and the on/off button the device page show the same behavior:

clue? @bravenel ?

1 Like

Known issue. Try disabling the "Trigger" logging.

1 Like

SOB. Thanks.

I spent forever debugging. Lesson learned.

I just had this same issue that the OP describes here. And similarly, the logs did not show the error for certain triggers on line 8928 when I opened up the live logs to see what was going on. I only saw this error.
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 1.13.56 AM
I read through the known issues and didn't think any applied to my situation.
This is probably obvious to everyone else but I just decided to check the Past Logs and I found the first three errors thrown did have the reference to triggers on line 8928.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is if, like me, you see this shorter error it's worth it to look through the past logs to see if the past logs have any additional information. I never thought that I would see error messages change over time but I guess that is a thing I need to remember for next time!

Nbc_the_more_you_know

2 Likes

@jkister it looks like you have holes in your IF-THEN logic. For example, you have between 10:00 PM and 10:59 PM and between 11:00PM and Sunrise. At 10:59:30, you won't meet any IF-THEN condition and the ELSE will execute. I think you want between 10:00 and 11:00 which will evaluate as true between 10:00:00.000 and 10:59:59.999

2 Likes

hah, quite right. thx!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.