Rule 3 going away

If you didn't catch the latest Youtube Hubitat broadcast you may not know that at some point Rule Machine 3 will be dropped. It was pointed out by Bruce that if you like RM3 and want the option to continue creating RM3 rules you can do so by creating templates of RM3 rules. So you simply create a trigger rule (or any others) in RM3 and save it. Then in the future you can clone that rule and modify it for whatever functions you want.

1 Like

Nothing too shocking--Rule 2.5 was dropped as soon as 3.0 was released, so I'm surprised they still include both (though this is a bigger paradigm shift, I guess). Personally I'd just get used to 4.0 and take comfort in the fact that existing 3.0 (and earlier) rules will continue to function as before, a misunderstanding people sometimes have when these changes happen.

But that's certainly a neat trick that is now possible thanks to cloning. :slight_smile:

Just mentioned it for the benefit if those that prefer to stay with RM3. Attendance to the YouTube show was poor to say the least. I'm into RM4 myself, but still have a few 2.5 and 3.0 rules running. I agree cloning rules is nice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.