RTSP & http get requests

I am looking for some ideas to extend my camera functionality. Right now I have a webcore piston that acts on a series of virtual switches defined in HE. I have a series of Alexa routines that listen for phrases and control these switches. For example "Camera Wide" turns on a switch which executes an "http get" command in my QVR Pro NVR which sends a command to my Amcrest Pan/Tilt/Zone camera to zoom out. Similarly, I have a "Camera Hall", "Camera Kitchen", and several other commands.

The majority of my cameras are POE and I use QVR Pro to record them. The cameras are also all ONVIF and RTSP. I generally record and monitor off the RTSP stream.

What I would like to find out is if there are any extensions to HSM that might allow me to direct those cameras to take a snapshot and then perhaps email it with HSM Intrusion as the trigger. I have lots of HSM Triggered events in both Webcore and Rule Machine.

My question really evolves around whether there are any extensions or custom apps that provide functionality to cameras. I know this is a long shot, but I thought I would pulse the community for a direction in which to look.

Thanks.

Have you tried triggering off the HSM events in webCoRE instead of virtual switches?

@eibyer, Rey, The reason for the virtual switches is to provide a means to allow Alexa to initiate the actions. Yes, I do currently trigger off HSM switches in WebCoRE.

I forgot about this thread... :older_man:

What is an example of an HSM even that you'd want the camera to take a snapshot and email the image? I don't have the solution but it's interesting, it's like counting sheep for me at night lol.

I have Hikvision cameras. They have the ability to send a snapshot on motion detection, but they always send 3 images, and I wanted to crop the snapshot to show only my area of interest so I could have full resolution while keeping the size down. I have a Zwave motion detector near the door, so I ended up putting a cgi-bin script on a Linux server I have here and triggering it with a URL event from Hubitat based on the motion sensor (also on the gate opening from a door/window sensor I have mounted in a waterproof box outside). The cgi script pulls a single image from the camera, crops it and then emails it to Pushover.

I have mostly Reolink cameras, an Amcrest and also a GW Security. In addition, I have a few Wyze cameras. I use them all via RTSP and I record and control them via QVR Pro on my QNAP NAS. After seeing your post, I defined a snapshot procedure on QVR Pro triggered by an HTTP Get. I then wrote a webcore routine triggered by HSM alarm states that makes the web call. I am attaching snapshots from nine cameras and it seems to work mostly. I say mostly because I generally get all but one camera. I also make web requests to change the Amcrest PTZ aiming of the camera as well. Overall, not bad. The QVR Pro routine also handles the emailing of the screenshots.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.