RSM2-Plus Dual relay

I'm trying to set up a new RMS2-Plus, and I'm having what appears to be the same issue with the child devices not updating using @ericm's most recent code.

I have my parent and child devices created, and they work to turn on/off, but it looks like there is maybe something weird with the multicast/Parent status - if one device is on and one is off, the 'switch' status blinks between on and off, but it doesn't look like any state ever gets passed down to the child switch devices.

I feel like I'm so close, anything I can do to help let me know :(*

It looks like you are following the github issue. There is a workaround to get the status of the child endpoints to show correctly when controlling them from Hubitat.

I'm also setting up a brand new RSM2 Plus FW 5.12 and having a similar but different issue. My first child device works as expected, but the second one doesn't. I can only get the second relay to reflect the right value if I 'Refresh'. I tried the github issue temp fix, but then everything stopped working for me. I'm lost!

I'm also having a minor yet annoying issue with this driver. Everything works as expected through Hubitat and switch states update correctly as the switches are toggled. My issue is that the state of load 2 does not change when toggled from an external switch unless you refresh the state from within Hubitat. Load 1's state does change when toggled from an external switch.

Anyone else seeing this issue? This is a brand new device purchased in the last two weeks and running 5.12 FW.

I believe that we are still waiting for Hubitat Support to come up with a built in driver for this device...

Same problem here.

Any chance this driver will be in the next update? @bcopeland

Yea.. I’ll try and finish that one this weekend

1 Like

Bryan, thank you!

A bit overkill.. But have you tried the multi-channel swiss army knife driver? “Generic Z-Wave Dynamic Endpoint Device”

No, I haven't, but I guess I can give it a try. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I am waiting for this diver for a long time please let me know when you have it ready. Please help us with teh driver.

Newish on Hubitat and installed @ericm driver for this RSM2-Plus Dual Relay. I see the parent and two child devices. with the parent, I can turn on/off which causes both child switches to turn on/off. But I cannot independently turn on/off the child switches? When I go into their individual device configuration pages, on/off has no impact. Thanks for the help

Hello.
Hubitat staff just added a built in driver for this device with 2.2.9.

Don't forget to zero out everything and then use that driver.

2 Likes

Thanks. I read something about 2.2.9 having this driver but I don't see the driver in my device driver list? What is the name? I am running 2.2.9.128. Rebooted the Hub twice.

It's part of the generic zwave plus multi point

• Enerwave Dual Relay (ZWN-RSM2-PLUS) using Generic Z-Wave Plus MultiSwitch
1 Like

Got it. Switched over and works perfectly. Thank you!

1 Like

Finally fully functioning after I updated to this driver once I found out how to fix the freezing 2.2.9.129 update. Thanks to the team for including this driver.

1 Like