RSM2-Plus Dual relay

i got same problem, no children...
have no place to change debug level that i can find

HELP

Doesn't your preferences area look like this?
(If not, you need to get a different device driver):

it took me while (newbie) but i got it all working
the driver im using is: enerwave-rsm2-dual-relay-switch
and i looked at the code it doesn't use children, and one doesn't need it
i figured out how to do everything i needed in RM using custom attributes and commands
as i use the dual relay to trigger another device

but to answer the question, there are no preferences, hense no debug on/off
which is odd... maybe driver needs a little more polishing...

Hi, I've been using Eric's driver for a while and it worked perfect, both the main and the Child devices. No need to create virtual switches, and the status of the child devices updated immediately when the physical switch was used.

For a reason that I can't find, about two weeks ago the child devices stopped reporting its status. When I look at the events in the child, there is nothing there starting about two weeks ago. I noticed because it devices become irresponsive in the dashboard I'm using them.

I tried removing the device, resetting and adding again to HE, but still the same problem. The main device report status OK, the Childs work OK from their individual UI pages, I can turn them on and off but no events are logged and no status is show in the child device page. Its like they don't exist to HE (which by definition is an event based platform...) but they can be turned on or off.
Nothing seems to be wrong in the logs when using the Childs from their pages:

Looking at the logs, whenever I try to do something on the Childs from the Main device UI page (refresh, child on, etc.) I get this error:

While I've never did anything in Groovy, looking at the code and comparing with Python it seems the function ChannelNumber() fails as the var passed is null. I wasn't able to trace back the problem, though.

Anybody had seen something like this?

Not sure if @ericm still uses this driver, from what I've look in the ST forums...

Thanks!

1 Like

having same issue on latest fw

if you edit line 156 of the parent driver from
def zwaveEvent(hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv3.MultiChannelCmdEncap cmd)

to: def zwaveEvent(hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap cmd)

the "null" issue goes away

but for some reason every value is "off" when on OR off is triggered and the child does not update its status properly

I don't have this device anymore, but I just updated the driver to specify which version of multichannel to parse (a little different than your change). If it was working before I would think that this would fix.

2 Likes

It appears your fix works as intended -- thank you!

Yes, it's working again!

Thanks @ericm !!

Interesting though how can a FW update break a driver...

Thanks for the June update. Child device switch status were not being updated with RSM2 and RMS2-Plus. Now both are working.

I'm trying to set up a new RMS2-Plus, and I'm having what appears to be the same issue with the child devices not updating using @ericm's most recent code.

I have my parent and child devices created, and they work to turn on/off, but it looks like there is maybe something weird with the multicast/Parent status - if one device is on and one is off, the 'switch' status blinks between on and off, but it doesn't look like any state ever gets passed down to the child switch devices.

I feel like I'm so close, anything I can do to help let me know :(*

It looks like you are following the github issue. There is a workaround to get the status of the child endpoints to show correctly when controlling them from Hubitat.

I'm also setting up a brand new RSM2 Plus FW 5.12 and having a similar but different issue. My first child device works as expected, but the second one doesn't. I can only get the second relay to reflect the right value if I 'Refresh'. I tried the github issue temp fix, but then everything stopped working for me. I'm lost!

I'm also having a minor yet annoying issue with this driver. Everything works as expected through Hubitat and switch states update correctly as the switches are toggled. My issue is that the state of load 2 does not change when toggled from an external switch unless you refresh the state from within Hubitat. Load 1's state does change when toggled from an external switch.

Anyone else seeing this issue? This is a brand new device purchased in the last two weeks and running 5.12 FW.

I believe that we are still waiting for Hubitat Support to come up with a built in driver for this device...

Same problem here.

Any chance this driver will be in the next update? @bcopeland

Yea.. I’ll try and finish that one this weekend

1 Like

Bryan, thank you!

A bit overkill.. But have you tried the multi-channel swiss army knife driver? “Generic Z-Wave Dynamic Endpoint Device”

No, I haven't, but I guess I can give it a try. :slight_smile: