Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

Here is one example where my lock has sent zigbee messages according to the zigbee logs, but both Hubitat and Rooms Manager say it is inactive:

DEVICES THAT HAVE NOT CONNECTED WITHIN LAST 24 HOURS:

Back door lock

From <http://10.0.0.67/installedapp/configure/1/mainPage&gt;

Name Value Unit Description Text Source Type Date
battery 97 % Back door lock battery is 97% DEVICE 2019-01-06 08:11:14.453 PM GMT
lock locked Back door lock was locked DEVICE 2019-01-05 09:39:03.232 PM GMT

From <http://10.0.0.67/device/events/34&gt;

Last Activity At 2019-01-06 8:11:14 PM GMT

From <http://10.0.0.67/device/edit/34&gt;

Back door lock2019-01-08 00:50:40.537 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x101, sourceEndpoint:1, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-88

Back door lock2019-01-08 00:50:30.954 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x101, sourceEndpoint:1, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-88

From <http://10.0.0.67/hub/zigbeeLogs&gt;

Also the reason I asked about whether you used the events page data, is that I also have seen cases where Hubitat reported the "Last Activity At" for a device at a later time than any of the events on the events page. But again I also see messages in the ZIgbee logs for even later times than either. Below are the logs of such an example:

Name Value Unit Description Text Source Type Date
temperature 11.48 °C Front door contact sensor temperature is 11.48°C DEVICE 2019-01-06 02:22:30.683 PM GMT

From <http://10.0.0.67/device/events/326&gt;

Last Activity At 2019-01-06 9:08:54 PM GMT

From <http://10.0.0.67/device/edit/326&gt;

Front door contact sensor2019-01-06 21:12:18.465 profileId:0x0, clusterId:0x6, sourceEndpoint:0, destinationEndpoint:0 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

Front door contact sensor2019-01-06 21:08:54.531 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x1, sourceEndpoint:1, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

Front door contact sensor2019-01-06 21:08:52.715 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x1, sourceEndpoint:1, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

Front door contact sensor2019-01-06 21:02:10.902 profileId:0x0, clusterId:0x6, sourceEndpoint:0, destinationEndpoint:0 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

From <http://10.0.0.67/hub/zigbeeLogs&gt;

Can someone explain how to enable connectivity check? Do I need to set up a room first or something? I have the app and child app installed, but when I go to the connectivity check page most of the options are grayed out :frowning: Thanks in advance.

Never mind. I figured it out. You have to set up your SMS device on a separate page first...

1 Like

Hi, Can I use Room Manager to control a heater in my Room?

When I click on "Room Device" I can not see my Outlet.

I just started playing with the announcement features of the app after setting up the Echo Speaks app. Is there any way to set up Rooms Manager so that it plays the announcement through whatever Echo is in a room that’s currently occupied or engaged? That way I know it will play in whatever room I’m in.

1 Like

please share a screenshot of the heater device details.

this is a great idea … will look at adding.

but for now if you add all echo devices to rooms manager do they all play the message?

updated to github with the following changes:

Version: 0.99.4

DONE:   1/05/2018

1) added support for multiple power meters
2) added command optimization at the app level
3) added setting room occupancy device on / off so it can be used in the rules
4) other small fixes

#3 above is useful for keeping lights on in a vacant room when adjacent rooms are occupied / engaged.

1 Like

I am going to apply the update in a few minutes. In process of building room rules and have a question. The 'Time trigger?' under rules, is this really a trigger or a condition or a triggered condition? It is listed under the RULE TRIGGERS AND CONDITIONS. So I want to limit rule to to a specific time, say 5:20am - Sunrise +20 minutes. Is this where I apply those conditions to be triggered on a occupied state?

yes. its a trigger and a condition.

I just updated to 0.99.4, but my app in the apps list is still named “rooms manager - v0.99.3”. Do I need to do anything else to update the already setup rooms?

yes please go to rooms manager and save the settings for rooms manager only once.

Has anyone managed to get the device connectivity check working? I have several devices now that have failed to check in for a few days and yet I have not received an sms.

Here's my setup:

I installed rooms manager as well as the rooms child app. In the rooms manager app itself I did not install a room. I simply clicked next.

In the sms settings I set the hours from 1 to 24. I set my SMS number to my number (preceeded by +1 like all the other Hubitat SMS configs).

On the device connectivity page I ensured the slider was set to enable device connectivity check. I set 37 past the hour / 24 hours and then selected all the devices I care about under "devices to check". I also set the "critical devices" slider and set all the same devices there.

Is there anything more to it? What am I missing?

I wonder if not setting up a room somehow prevents the device check from happening. will check and update.

Hi I want to use this MonoPrice 27481 to turn On/Off my heater, I have temperature sensor on my room.

Seems like in Rule #7 the Under Cabinet Lighting set level is being ignored and turning on the color strip lights at 100% instead of 5%. I pasted everything here in the event it is something that I am missing. Is this a rule order issue? Thanks

EDIT: Also tried removing color temp but same results.

ROOM OCCUPANCY DEVICE:
Room child device ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Child device OK

ROOM SENSOR SETTINGS:
Motion sensors ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Kitchen Main Entryway Motion Sensor, Kitchen Window Motion Sensor, Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Motion Sensor, Kitchen Under Cabinet Prep Area Motion Sensor]
Trigger motion ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [1460]
Which no motion ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Last Motion Inactive
Lux sensor ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Family Room Entry Motion Sensor]
Humidity sensor ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Kitchen Temp and Humidity Sensor]
Music player ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Kitchen Sonos Play 1

OCCUPIED SETTINGS:
Motion timeout ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 180 seconds

ENGAGED SETTINGS:
Busy check ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Heavy traffic
Require motion ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 360 seconds
Engaged overrides ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true

CHECKED SETTINGS:
Dim timer ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 5 seconds

VACANT SETTINGS:

ASLEEP SETTINGS:
Asleep from time ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 02:00
Asleep to time ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 07:00
Switches ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Kitchen Asleep]
Asleep timeout ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 300

LOCKED SETTINGS:
Switches ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Kitchen Override]
When switch turns on ・ ・ ・ ・ true
Turn off switches ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true
Locked timeout ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 2 hours
Locked overrides ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true

AUTO LEVEL SETTINGS:

TEMPERATURE SETTINGS:
Temperature sensor ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Kitchen Temp and Humidity Sensor]
Use thermostat ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true
Room thermostat ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Downstairs Thermostat
Temperature delta ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 2
Thermostat override ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 30
Outdoor Temperature ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Deck Outdoor Netatmo Station
Adjust with outdoor ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true

HOLIDAY LIGHT SETTINGS:

RULE SETTINGS:
Rules:
1: Mode=[Home - Day] State=[engaged, occupied] From=05:00 To=Sunrise +10 Type=Execution ON=[Kitchen Lights] Level=30 OFF=[Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Light, Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights] Engaged Timer=240
2: Mode=[Home - Day, Home - Evening] State=[engaged, occupied] Lux=50 From=Sunrise +10 To=16:00 Type=Execution ON=[Kitchen Lights] Level=90 OFF=[Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Light, Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights] Engaged Timer=240
3: Mode=[Home - Day, Home - Evening] State=[engaged, occupied] Lux=50 From=16:00 To=19:00 Type=Execution ON=[Kitchen Lights] Level=60 OFF=[Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Light, Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights] Occupied Timer=240 Checking Timer=480
4: Mode=[Home - Evening] State=[engaged, occupied] From=19:00 To=23:59 Type=Execution ON=[Kitchen Lights] Level=40 OFF=[Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights, Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Light] Occupied Timer=90 Engaged Timer=210
5: Mode=[Home - Sleep] State=[asleep] Check ON=[Lavender Hill Asleep Override, Lavender Hill Guest Present] Type=Execution ON=[Kitchen Lights] Level=15
6: Mode=[Away, Home - Day, Home - Evening, Home - Override, Home - Sleep] State=[vacant] Type=Execution OFF=[Kitchen Pantry Lights, Kitchen Sink Light, Kitchen Lights, Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Light, Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights]
7: Mode=[Home - Day, Home - Evening] State=[vacant] Lux=5 Type=Execution ON=[Kitchen Under Cabinet Work Area Light, Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights] Level=5 Color=white Kelvin=3322

ADJACENT SETTINGS:
Adjacent rooms ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [1779]
Motion check ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true

ANNOUNCEMENT SETTINGS:

GENERAL SETTINGS:
Away modes ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Away]
Pause modes ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ [Home - Override]
Execute on state ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ true
Which room state ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ occupied
Icon URL ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ https://cdn.rawgit.com/adey/bangali/master/resources/icons/roomOccupancySettings.png

shouldn’t set the wrong level. there are no overlapping rules are there?

in temperature settings specify the temperature sensor and the heater switch then create a rule to maintain the temperature you want.

The "# rooms vacation" app is throwing a lot of errors in the Hubitat logs (see attached screenshot). Do you have any idea why this is? I have no intention of ever using this feature of the app, so would be fine with removing it altogether if possible.

if you go in to the app and save the settings once does this still continue?

edit: if you update the code just for rooms vacation the error should go away.