Room lighting no motion off

Hi

Rooom lighting app doest turn off if there is no motion unless it was triggered by a motion.
Any ideas?
Thank you

It may be worth posting some more details on the setup of your Room Lighting, such as screenshots.

not turning off, reporting off. its a cocohue ingtegrated bulb. does it matter that its CT or dimmer or switch? Aniway a hate this app i told itt before. The motion lighting app was almost perfect this cr... is full of bugs,

I would encourage you to continue to look into your issue and not feel so negative about the apps involved. I expect there will be a simple explanation for what you are seeing.

Can you capture a screenshot of your Room Lighting setup?

If you are using Coco-Hue, then you may be experiencing a delay in the detection of a change in the light status, depending on how you have configured the Coco-Hue App and the devices involved. But I would suggest starting with looking at the Room Lighting setup and we can come to this part of your setup later.

No need to say the light was on when it said already off.
Still have not got answer for the importance of the device type CT/dimm/switch

Thank you

The turning off for your Kitchen Light is only based on the Kitchen motion device becoming inactive for 10 minutes, which would only happen once

• Motion becomes active for the Kitchen Motion Sensor
  • The motion sensor transitions to inactive
  • 10 minutes elapses
  • The Kitchen Light is turn off

So I expect the Room Lighting setup you have is behaving as expected, or as you have configured it in Room Lighting.

What would you prefer to happen? Is there another trigger method you use such as a physical button?

1 Like

any how the light was turned on. any way. If the light is on and If there is no motion for a period of time it should turn of. Its not complicated . worked alright in motion lighting.

Ah, I see, the logs show the "not turning off because already turned off.".

There are probably two things worth looking at, first I would turn on is the "Turn off if already turned off option in the Turn Off Options in Room Lighting:

The other options are part of Coco-Hue, so would refer to Robert if needed, but let's try the RL changes first....

id preciate that . thank you

?? Have you tried the changes I suggested in Room Lighting? I would suggest trying these before we look at changes in Coco-Hue configuration, as I expect the problem will be in the Room Lighting setup more than the Coco-Hue setup.

1 Like

if the device type is ct ( which is its colour temperature cocohue bulb) the turn of even if it off dont work . But If the device type is switch it does.

Then, apart from the time of night (for me), I would suggest continuing this conversation with @bertabcd1234 and @bravenel in terms of what Coco-Hue and Room Lighting can work with.

1 Like

I suppose you could rule out a CoCoHue problem by using a Virtual Color Temperature Light device here instead of (or in addition to) a real bulb, then see if the problem persists. I haven't heard of any other problems, and the CoCoHue CT Bulb driver is substantially similar to the RGBW bulb driver, so I'm not sure why there would be a difference. FWIW, I am not able to replicate this problem in Room Lighting with a Virtual Color Temperature Light device.

What do your logs say now? Your logs above do not appear to match up with the settings for this Room Lighting instance. You should see something like "All motion inactive, scheduling off in 10 minutes." If you made changes, try hitting either "Update" or "Done" to re-initialize things and see if that helps. (They are also not consistent with the "Turn Off even if already partially off" option being enabled; the same steps could help with that, assuming you've verified that it is checked already.)

That being said, if this is all you want Room Lighting to do, it's a fairly complex app for that task, even if it should work. A Basic Rule would be much simpler and would only be a few clicks:

When a motion sensor stops and stays inactive for X minutes...
Turn off CT bulb

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.