Room Lighting App Not Respecting Restriction to Prevent Turning Off When Button Pressed

I have a room lighting app that is configured to disable turning off when button 1 is pushed or held. It's also set to turn off when illuminance rises above X. It appears that the illuminance rising is not respecting the button press disabling turn off, and the lights are turning off. Images below

As a side note, IMO, the "rising above" functionality doesn't work the way it's advertised, since the trigger occurs not only when the illuminance rises above, but also when it changes at any level above the set parameter. It should only trigger once, the moment when it actually rises above, per the description of the trigger. The way that it actually currently fuctions, it should be called "changes when above x."

1 Like

I don't actually see any button 1 pushed (or held) events in your screenshot, only "released" -- assuming this is what you meant to show as proof that one of these other events was actually happening. This is unusual, as you shouldn't get "released" without one of the others, but I don't see this in your event history. There could be something odd with your device or (more likely) driver. What device is this, and what driver is it using?

1 Like

Isn't this what @brad described? (Towards the bottom of the first screenshot)
EDIT: I see now, you were referring to the Events screenshot... You're right, that is odd... Could it be a device managed externally and only sending certain Events to HE?

Thanks. That would explain why it’s not working. I added “released” to the button 1 events, so that should fix it. It is curious that I’m not getting a pushed or held event. It’s a GE Z-Wave dimmer switch and I’m using the Hubitat-provided GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver, so it must not be reporting correctly for some reason.

One way to tell: enable the "Enable debug logging" preference in the driver, perform a button press, and see what entries get spit to Logs. You should see some kind of CentralSceneNotification. It's possible the driver is just parsing the wrong data on these (you'll see key, attribute, etc. in the data), as there does not seem to be any standard as to what means what on any of these devices. Individual manufacturers tend to be consistent within their products, so that would still be surprising, but it's possible.

Or you can just use "released", I suppose, since you know that works, if you don't feel like digging into that mystery. :smiley: