Roku TV Rework

I reworked to the Roku TV Driver and fixed a few things. here is the github:

Change log 1.0:
Optimized web calls to be async <- massive speed improvement on hubitat
Added ability to use Child devices for Buttons
Added Ability to filter out unwanted apps as devices

2 Likes

Nice job!

If I had a suggestion, it would be good to include a little more description on what the options do. For me, it wasn't clear that turning off "Enable automatic management of child devices" would prevent it from creating all of the app child devices (which is exactly what I wanted - thanks!!), or delete all of the created child devices on next app refresh if the option is turned off.

there is an updated version that has that reworded.

1 Like

Would this let me create an automation that would know when my Roku tv (TLC) has turned on to do some light changes when we power the TV on at night?

Yes. It will. I used @armand's RokuTV integration for almost a year for this purpose.

2 Likes

Thank you!. I also just realized that thread is more active so will monitor that one.

1 Like

Ditto. @armand solution has worked perfectly for me in the past.

1 Like

Will this diver work w Roku streaming stick to let me know TV on/off ?
TIA

I do not know. I do not have one, but it should. Any roku that has the direct control API it will work on. I even discovered that my roku premier works to turn on and off my tv for me. I was not expecting that, because my roku remote does not have a power button on it. To me, this is all I use my roku driver for, to ask Alexa to turn on or off my Tv. I did use it to control my lights for a while, but I just don’t have good mood lights to tie it to so I stopped doing that. Now I just need to find a way to do something like this with Apple TV.

1 Like

Thank you....

Hi,

I'm slowly starting with Hubitat's Rule machine and automations. So far I only had it running in basic on/off mode through my Google Home.

Does anyone have examples of Roku automation running? I mostly use the remote to run certain apps on Roku. Once the app is detected to be on (Roku Child up switch is on), I would like it to dim certain lights.

My Current trigger is "Roku - Netflix, Hulu, etc turns on"
Action: "Dim couch lamp to 30%"

So I've been using this Roku integration for a while and it's been working great up until now. For whatever reason, my TV no longer reports as being off after I turn it off with the remote. It was doing that just fine in the past so I'm not sure what's changed. I do have the TV on fast start but it's been on fast start for quite some time now and worked just fine. Any thoughts?

Here's the reason and a solution:

I haven't actually tested the proposed solution in Hubitat because I use Node-RED for all my automations. But I don't see why it wouldn't work.

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Is there any way to pull the aspect ratio on the content being displayed. I have projector and want to automatically change the aspect ratio based on the content.

I've seen nothing in the API for that.

Yeah, the big ting any new Roku user will waste time on is figuring out which apps you will actually use.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.