RM5 stuck in "Select Action Type to Add"

I was editing a rule and, when I tried to insert an action somewhere, it got stuck at the "Select Action Type to Add" dropdown. It does not open the options of any selection I made.
imagem

No matter what choice I select, it keeps stuck at the dropdown, showing no option at all

imagem

imagem

It's not the first time it happens to me, however, at the previous occurrences I was careful to "clone" the rule I was working with to "save" a correct rule. This time I forgot to do it and I'm mad at myself, since I've spent 3 hours working in it and, AFIK, I just lost the work done.

I've tried - for no avail - to update the rule and reboot the hub, even knowing that this error is caused by the rule itself and not a transient condition.

This time I'll ask for a help.

I could not insert the rule backup here - it exceeds 76k, but it is available by e-mail if requested.

Not sure if this could cause this issue in this case, but if you check in your settings, do you have the following on or off? If on, turn it off and see if that helps:

Nope ā€¦ it was already off.

@bravenel , I believe that this problem could be of your interest - probably a RM5 bug.

It doesn't sound to me like a bug. But, if you can reproduce it, I'd take a look at it. If it was a transient thing, there's no point in spending time on it. These sorts of things can be caused by browser cache.

Need something definitive and reproducible.

If itā€™s probably a browser cache induced error, how can I avoid it?

Iā€™ve been experiencing other stranger behaviors here that could be connected to it.

For example, I had quite a few times that when I deleted multiple actions in a rule that I got mutiple ā€œbroken actionsā€ - and it is totally aleatory.

There is a well documented bug where deleting an action can break other actions. This is fixed in 2.2.9, currently in beta.

Great!

Iā€™ll wait until then - too much time redoing rules and at my age it can cause tendinitis :wink:

Thanks for the promptly response!