RM - Vewable Timer

It would be great if there was a way to see the current value of a timer within a rule so we could check for issues and such much easier. And see if they are on a working timer or an infinite loop resetting timer or skipping timer all together.

Prefer it be a live timer updating on screen when viewing the rule, but if I have to hit F5 to refresh the page to get the current value that would be good enough.

1 Like

A timer for what? Your delays within a rule? You can go into the rule properties page (cog wheel) and see the scheduled events for the rule to see when it's scheduled to happen.

Like for the delay timer and such. I know about the Scheduled Jobs section in the properties, Just wanted a better in your face count down timer. Like for time delays and such.

1 Like

Okay...but that is not done today by the hub. That is why jobs are schedule to happen at specific times and then they occur at those times. So, there is no function that is "counting down" as you suggest. So, one would have to be written. Trying to do so for all of the scheduled jobs on the hub would be way more than the hub can possibly manage. It requires a function to stay live the entire time the "timer" is running. That is not how apps in Hubitat work. So, while it would be nice to have such a function, it really isn't practical to have this set up for every delay or scheduled job that can occur.

I think you're mis understanding what I mean. First off the hub is already keeping track of all the timers and delays else the rules would not work. I just want to be able to have a timer appear within the rule showing the current delay and such. Once you leave the rule the function would not need to keep trying to show. It would only show the ones in the rule you're viewing. And its ment for helping to easier debug bad rules. That's all. I dont want to see all the timers and delays running for all my rules. Just the one I am trying to debug.

1 Like

No, it's not. A timer is something that counts down and is constantly updating. The hub uses a schedule based system to run delays. So, if you have a delay of 20 seconds, when that delay is set up, it schedules a job for 20 seconds from now. There is not a timer running that counts backwards from 20 every second. The hub is way too busy to do that.

ok so its still possible if it knows the current time and stop time then it could display the difference between the two times as the remaining on the timer, and it can be a static timer, its just when there is a 30 min timer set and your trouble shooting it, it would be nice to be able to see if the time keeps resetting or its actually getting closer to the scheduled time. Again it only needs to have the module run in the rule were trying to debug. then its nothing more than a math problem it does each time the page refreshes for that rule.

So if I open the rule on my delay of 30min it can say 20min left and it stays showing 20 mins unless i refresh the page, then it almost 0 load on the hub as it only does the math once when it refreshes the rule page (When editing the rule, not on the page with all the rules listed. so tit only ever focuses on the one rule once each refresh of the web page.)