So I tried using Mode Manager, but it wasn't working as it was supposed to, and I ran into issues when Holidays would fall on weekdays. Someone recommended I use RM to control modes instead. I actually like this, since it allows me to "pause" modes, since they are rule based and not time based.
So I deleted Mode Manager.
I created a few rules in Rule Machine:
- Day: At 6am on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri turn on "Day" Mode
- Evening: At Sunset -31min on Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs turn on "Evening" Mode
- Night: At 8pm on Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, turn on "Night" Mode
- Weekend: At Sunset -30min on Fri turn on "Weekend" Mode ("weekend" is from Fri night through Sun evening)
Then, for Holidays - I created a virtual switch "Holiday Switch" and made a rule in RM:
Trigger: "Holiday Switch" ON
- Set mode to "Weekend"
- Pause Rules: "Day", "Evening", "Night"
- Wait for events: "Holiday Switch" OFF
- Resume Rules: "Day", "Evening", "Night"
- This requires manual input from me each time (both to turn it on and off). Is there a way I can link a start and end trigger to a personal calendar of mine?
- When the switch is turned off, let's say at 10pm, what mode will it go into? The modes are initiated at certain times, in this example, "night" starts at 8pm. I could just default to "night" mode after the switch is flipped off, but what if I turn it off mid-day...?
Any thoughts on how to make this better?