RM Rule not Re-evaluated on State Change

Condition changed but rule truth did not

**Edit...here's another screenshot of the same event using highlight instead of pen so as not to cover any info

Hey...i said it was important but non-urgent. It can wait.

And yeah, I agree. It appears that the lag between the event and the evaluation of the event is a "dead-zone". Shouldn't be a very common failure mode. The only recovery necessary should be to cycle the sensor/switch again.

Yeah I can work around this too by adding a delay on the switch off commands. No urgency here either.

I think it's caused by simultaneous execution in different threads of the same rule. Would tend to happen with closely spaced events that fire the rule. I'm deducing that, not from actually deep probing into logs.

Well, it's sort of urgent from my perspective. In case you haven't noticed, we don't like things like this...

1 Like

Well, of course....but how often are you going to have multiple events every second? If you're trying to account for rapid changes like that on a routine basis I don't think Hubitat is the platform I would choose. We're not aligning GPS satellites or launching nuclear weapons here people. Let's have some perspective.

Obviously you wanna fix it. I'm just saying, why not do a deep dive on Monday. :slight_smile: :crescent_moon: :sleeping_bed:

1 Like

Ah, yes, well I am calling it a night now.

2 Likes

Good idea. :slight_smile: