RM POP() error

just seen this error on a simple rule any ideas?

@mark.cockcroft I suspect you have two instances of the rule that ran within the 15 second delay.
From your logs:
02:19:12.975 Action: Delay 0:00:15
02:19:15.034 Delay Over - 2.059 seconds after delay
02:19:28.081 Delay Over - 15.10g seconds after delay

Is there another Action:Delay that occurred around 02:19:00?

in in a sperate rule?
i didnt think cancel delay worked on other rules

No, the same rule. The post of your log starts at 02:19:00.634. Can you see back to where that instance was triggered and if another Delay was started?

Is there another trigger before that one? 15.034-00.540 (skipped action) is 14.494 so that's not it.

There it is at 18:59.965. I believe you can eliminate this error by using Wait for event: --> elapsed time for both of your delays.

must have been an edge case RM hadnt been set up for, how do you cancel / overwrite the wait

Retriggering the rule will cancel the Wait. I would also put a 2:00 Wait for event in your ELSE action and remove the delay from the Off.

k, so wait is better that delay?

I prefer to use Waits over Delay but you can achieve the same thing with Delay. For example, if you make the first action of your rule Cancel Delayed Actions then make your 15 second Delay cancelable I think you won't get the pop() error.

That's what I had 1st but moved the cancel down as it wasn't always needed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.