RM not tracking Sunset-offset?

Did you go into your SL rule and click Done? You need to do that for it to schedule itself correctly.

Ah ok, I will hang tight (my mind is still trying to unravel the sequencing of events… this stuff isn’t as easy as seems it should be).

Yes, I did. That rule has been working for a month without being touched. Like I said above, I deleted and rebuilt it and it looks good so far. We’ll see what happens when it sets the schedule for tommorow.
Thank you Bruce.

The anti-Action Sunrise event (turnoff) didn’t happen at sunrise; no turn-off event was logged for the lamp. Nothing appears to be scheduled for the next sunrise either. Previous to the update I was seeing the both doAntiAction scheduled along with the doAction. Is this feature working for anyone else?

Sunset events are getting scheduled normally, however; and as of the latest update the day to day changes are being propagated to RM rules correctly as well.

Here’s what the Simple Lighting rule for ‘turn off at sunset -6 min with turnoff at sunrise’ looks like this morning (screenshot of the rule is in a prior post; this rule was newly created right after the .705 update was applied on the 17th).

Scheduled Jobs

Handler Next Run Time Prev Run Time Status Schedule
scheduleSunrise Tue Mar 20 02:05:29 EDT 2018 Mon Mar 19 02:05:29 EDT 2018 PENDING 29 5 2 * * ?
doAction Mon Mar 19 19:00:00 EDT 2018 PENDING Once
scheduleSunset Tue Mar 20 02:05:29 EDT 2018 Mon Mar 19 02:05:29 EDT 2018 PENDING 29 5 2 * * ?

In my case, the antiAction did work this morning and light turned off. My scheduled jobs for the rule look the same as yours.

doAction Mon Mar 19 19:37:00 EDT 2018 PENDING Once
scheduleSunrise Tue Mar 20 02:05:29 EDT 2018 Mon Mar 19 02:05:29 EDT 2018 PENDING 29 5 2 * * ?
scheduleSunset Tue Mar 20 02:05:29 EDT 2018 Mon Mar 19 02:05:29 EDT 2018 PENDING 29 5 2 * * ?

I’m hoping the doAntiAction gets scheduled at the next 02:05:29 . This might be the way the multiple scheduling events issue was alleviated. I don’t know why your’s didn’t work this am.

Well that’s interesting. Still seems odd that there is no record of the doAntiAction schedule, especially since it appeared before the fix (along with the scores of erroneous scheduled events). I’ll have to dig back into the event log to see if the antiAction fired the first time (Sunday’s sunrise, right after the update). EDIT: no sunrise event happened for the first scheduled sunrise after the rule was installed.

By the way, I notice in a prior post you said you had a ‘blank doAntiAction’ as expected… I never saw this; did this appear in the screen of scheduled events? I take it you since modified the rule to include the antiAction?

I’ve used the AntiAction all along. Yes, when I rebuilt the rule, the blank doAntiAction appeared in the scheduled jobs and I stated “as expected” because I assumed it would be scheduled later at 02:05:29.

Ok. Odd that it wasn’t there when I created the rule the first time (I created it from scratch after deleting the original; not sure if that’s what you did when you say you rebuilt it-- perhaps you went in, modified it and re-saved? Might account for the difference there).

So at least at this point neither of us are seeing any doAntiAction on the list of scheduled events.

I deleted it and made a new one. We are seeing the same thing for scheduled jobs but I’m still very curious as to why your sunrise event didn’t happen.

Got it. I misunderstood your post a ways back where you said you didn’t have multiple events scheduled; I assume that was referring to my simultaneous RM rule that I had at the time. I no longer have simultaneous events scheduled either, I set my RM rule to fire a minute later than the Simple Lighting rule.

Another thing-- I’m claiming that my light didn’t turn on at sunrise based on there being no event logged for the lamp (I didn’t have a logging page open at sunrise and wasn’t watching for it). Just to clarify, you’re seeing the turn off event in the device logging or live logging, or both?

Please open the Simple Lighting rule and hit Done. Then show me a screenshot of the app details for Scheduled things.

I’m seeing it in the device logging. I forgot to leave live logging open last night.

Ok, just did it and voila. There is the doAntiAction I would expect to see. But I can’t have created this rule without having hit ‘Done’ the first time-- can I?

Scheduled Jobs

scheduleSunrise Tue Mar 20 02:05:29 EDT 2018 PENDING 29 5 2 * * ?
doAction Mon Mar 19 19:00:00 EDT 2018 PENDING Once
scheduleSunset Tue Mar 20 02:05:29 EDT 2018 PENDING 29 5 2 * * ?
doAntiAction Mon Mar 19 07:01:00 EDT 2018 PENDING Once

We are trying to figure out exactly what is going on. Notice that the Sunrise event is there for today. I'm pretty sure that if you check later it will be gone, as it is in the past. Our scheduler should figure that out, and remove it. Then, it would be back to what you saw before. The best thing would be if you could look at this before sunrise tomorrow morning, when it should look like this but with Mar 20 for the actions and Mar 21 for the schedules.

In our testing this works as expected. So I'm not sure why your sunrise event didn't happen, if in fact it didn't happen.

Based on logged device events, it didn’t happen, unless there is some kind of command optimization that won’t turn off a light that is already off.

I’ll try to get a capture of what it looks like after 2:05AM or prior to sunrise.

There doesn’t appear to be any events logged for the ‘Events’ link on the details page for the SL rule itself; I’m assuming that is normal?

This is an original installation of Simple Lighting (hub #23); I assume that I could delete/re-install it if you advise (I only have 8 SL rules that could be recreated without much trouble).

It is normal for there not to be events logged there. We may change that.

You don't need to reinstall it. It runs off the new code, and I can tell that it is from what you've shown. Not sure you'd get an off event for a device that is off. What driver are you using? And did you have logging enabled for that driver and logs running?

Bingo. As I suspected (in my defense :neutral_face: I did disclose that the basis for my claim was the device event log and not live logging), device event logging is relevant. Turns out that for two consecutive digital ‘off’ events (the source doesn’t seem to matter; could be the Device page or a rule, evidently), nothing is logged for second ‘off’.

The live logging, however (at least any level of logging turned on), does record consecutive ‘off’ events, and they do indeed get sent to the device-- there is no optimization going on by the driver… and thankfully so – otherwise Hubitat would never be able to turn this light off if it was turned on by my Intermatic HA07 Z-Wave remote (paired as a dumb secondary controller to the network) unbeknownst to Hubitat.

So optimization is apparently being done by the Device Event logging (this seems unwise, given there is no other logging being done for the rule), and since the lamp had been turned off prior to the expected sunrise turnoff, it masked its existence (at least I’m comfortable with that theory until proven otherwise).

I’m using the Generic Z-Wave Dimmer driver. by the way.

Rule Machine does log events of a rule being run.

Ah live logging; I was referring to the rule info screen events, for which I get this:

wing 0 to 0 of 0 entries