RM - Multiple delayed actions in one rule

@bravenel

Question - Would it be possible for RM to have the option in a single rule for multiple delays?

Use case: I have ported a driver for insteon that allows direct communication to the insteon plm/ hub. Refresh works perfectly for one device. The problem comes when setting multiple devices with the same driver. It confuses the insteon plm/hub and we quit getting proper response from refresh as the refresh command takes two call to the hub and the commands seem to be stomping on each other.

So what I would like to do is have a periodic rule that triggers every 15 seconds or so to run a refresh on the first device. Then delay 2 seconds and run the refresh on the second device. then delay 2 seconds again and refresh the 3rd device. So on and so forth.

Is such a thing possible currently in one rule? If not could the feature be added. Or will this require multiple rules to make work properly.

Or do you have a better suggestion for what I am trying to accomplish?

This is why Actions came to be. Put the 2nd and subsequent refreshes each in an Action, and put the amount of delay you want in it also. Then either chain them together or fire them all from the main rule (adjusting the timings as appropriate).

1 Like

Thanks Bruce, I had a feeling this would be the way to do it. Was just hoping it to be possible to put all in
1"rule". Without the extra entries for actions as my RM list is starting to get unruly....

edit:

Mine was too but then I started “categorizing” them:

1 Like

Have you considered using Mode Manager?

My screenshot above are rules that run when the mode changes. Things I want turned on/off. I thought mode manager was just to set modes at certain times or based off a button press. I don’t see actions.