RM log error?

In the process of moving my shades off of ST due to the great work of the guys work on echo speaks.

Before I used virtual switches to trigger ST automations, as my Leviosa shades have a ST integration. I am now using the Alexa skill as the middle man instead of ST. I can also use a virtual shade which makes all my rules much cleaner.

Anyway I created this rule to control a shade, I have one of these for each shade in the house.

it works great, but at the end of a triggered rule I always get an error in the log. I seem to remember some discussion about what this error means but I am not sure when or where I read it. Anyone?

@terminal3 it was discussed in this thread

1 Like

Thanks, yes that I what I thought I remembered and I thought it should not be an issue with this rule.

@bravenel, from reading your discussion above doesn't this rule basically do the same thing as your suggestion. The rule does get triggered twice, but the second trigger jumps through both IFs and does nothing, which would seem to be the same as what you did with the private boolean.

From the log posted above the shade triggers and I have the virtual shade transition time set for 5 seconds. So when it enters the IF for opening or closing I wait for 6 seconds.
At 5 seconds the rule is triggered again because it changed to partially open. The two IFs are only ran if the shade is opening or closing so the trigger does nothing, again shown in the log, started at 7:56:47.036(trigger) and ended at 7:56:47.396(last statement). The second trigger is complete a full second before the first delay is over @ 7:56:48.413. It then runs the appropriate command to set the actual shade.

Does it need to exit immediately, or just not be doing anything by the time the delay is over.

@terminal can you change your trigger from changed to opening and closing?

1 Like

Well that is a pretty straight forward solution, which I thought I had considered and didn't think it would work. On further consideration I can't think of why I thought that.

My question still stands I think, as it would seem to satisfy the criteria @bravenel outlined in the other discussion.

Changing the trigger did the trick, however.