RM - Error with Fade?

So running this rule which asks to raise (fade) the level of some OSRAM Lightly RGB Bulbs to 100 over 5 (don't know whether it is minutes or seconds)

When executed the lights do not come on and this is the log.

No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Long, java.lang.Long) values: [100, 5] Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), wait(long, int), trim(), split() on line null

dev:142018-02-19 16:59:13.461:infoJustin’s Closet Ambience Light is off

What driver are you using?

It’s a good point though. Could you add the units for numerical fields into the description?
For eg “to this level (%)” and “to this fade (secs)”

Those legends have been added and should be in the next release. Thanks.

Generic Zigbee RBGW Light

That driver doesn’t support fade. We will fix the driver so it doesn’t throw an error, but the device probably doesn’t support fade. Fade is only useful for devices that support it in the dimmer. Many dimmers do not.

Could you do a manual fade? Take fade time, divide by 10, take final fade value, subtract initial fade value, divide by 10. For each time increment, increase or decrease fade value by increment, push to dimmer.

That’s pretty much in the domain of apps, not drivers. Depending on the device, it may not work very well. There are a number of variables, including the latency in the mesh network, the frequency with which you attempt to change the level, etc.

Fair enough. I’m so used to the basically instant caseta implementation that I forget there’s other less speedy dimmers.

As far as I can remember, Caséta dimmers do not implement fade. Lutron RadioRA 2 dimmers do. In fact, you can do ridiculously long fades with RA2.

You are correct, Caseta doesn’t include fade. That’s why I was looking for a manual fade method instead. :wink: RadioRA2 dimmers are ~$200 canadian, so a bit of a budget buster.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.