RM 4 fade up over time

I am trying to set some lights to an initial state and then fade up from there.

What happens is the lights come on at 15% briefly then go to 0% and then fades up from zero.
I tried setting the dim level in the Color temp command and the results are the same.
I am not sure if this is a bug or simply the way fade works. If fade does not work this way than I can stop bashing my head trying to get it working :slightly_smiling_face:

I think that's pretty much the way the fade up works. It always starts from 0%. At least that's what I've found.

Thanks for asking this, I had an idea for an automation but seeing this, that idea just died. Oh well, will keep following just in case...

Try the Gentle Wake Up app by BPTWorld. I think it will do what you want, you can set the minimum starting brightness and maximum brightness ending points over a certain amount of time.

From the instructions on the app:

When this App is installed, it will create a controller device which you can use in other Apps for even more customizable automation!
The controller acts like a switch so any App that can control a switch can control Gentle Wake Up, too!

So I think you could control this virtual switch with RM. I haven't tried, but it sounds like it will work.

It is interesting to note that fade down fades from the current state down.
I have been using rules with fade down for sometime.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.