RM 4.0 Spelling

Not sure if this is the right forum to report this and certainly the tag #bug may not be appropriate but...

Something thatā€™s been bothering me in the last few months of getting on HE is a couple of spelling errors that should have been trapped and corrected in the various version releases. Sorry if this is a nominal issue but I canā€™t help not getting stuck on it every time I am in RM

In Rule Machine 4 (and perhaps in other areas that I didnā€™t spend time on):

1. For delayed actions: Stopable ā€”>> Stoppable
  2. For delayed conditions: Cancelable ā€”>> Cancellable - certainly both forms are valid in this case only IMO Cancellable is the more common form used (again I might be nitpicking)

Thanks, Avi

Perhaps, given the context, it should be stop-able and cancel-able.

2 Likes

If you ever start developing apps or drivers on the platform, wait until you see the DoubleTapableButton capability. :smiley:

(Sorry, just a marginally related thought this brought to mind! Feel free to ignore. But while I'm on the subject, I also always have to look up the right way to spell ReleasableButton, even though that does seem to follow the dominant convention...)

4 Likes

I think these words are self-explanatory (pun intended) without the hyphen

I am fairly lenient on code level spelling (when it doesnā€™t cause syntax errors) compared to what an end-user experiences on a releasable (excuse the pun) UI :slight_smile:

Y'all stop! You're killing me!!
:rofl:

2 Likes

I mean no disrespect, @9369292f1992a7d0e654 and, of course you're right, but with all the serious issues with HE currently, I find this hilarious.

2 Likes

Well, in defense of @9369292f1992a7d0e654, it is such a huge undertaking: I actually have to add a single 'p' character to Rule-4.0 to fix stoppable. Split the baby, cancelable is a valid spelling so it doesn't get the extra 'l'. Besides, I already wore myself out making the change...

5 Likes

:rofl:

Be thankful you have extra "p"s in stock.

Hey sometime itā€™s the little things that matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

He has extra ā€˜pā€™s but no ā€˜fā€™s to give

4 Likes

Figures...

2 Likes

Sorry, that action is not stoppable.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.