RM 4.0 - Certain Time

I need to create one basic rule on RM 4.0 :

• On Saturday, Sunday
  • At 9 AM : turn ON switch A, B, ... - send notify to my phone.
  • At 5 :30 PM : turn OFF switch A, B, ... - send notify to my phone.
    How can I create One rule with certain time on RM 4.0 ? Any help would be greatly appeciated.

I might try this. Create 2 triggers for Certain Time. Make one 9:00 AM and the other 5:30 PM. In conditions, select days of week and select Saturday and Sunday and another condition for Time of Day and make that between 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM. Fill out the rest of the rule like this:

Looking further at it, you may make your 2nd trigger 5:31 PM instead of 5:30 because it may evaluate as true right at 5:00PM. This way at 5:31 PM it will evaluate as false and the ELSE part of the rule will execute.

1 Like

Thanks @spalexander68. That's mean if I want the switch A,B , ... turn Off exactly at 5: 30 PM then on the condiction : If time between 9 AM and 5:29 PM THEN ...

I think we miss a " certain time " as a condiction on RM 4.0 :

IF Time is 9AM And Day in Saturday, Sunday THEN ...
IF Time is 5:30 PM AND Day in Saturday, Sunday THEN ...

Is this right or I still miss something on RM 4.0 ?

I wouldn't use the two IF statements.

Do two triggers. Do one for 9:00 AM and do one for 5:31 PM. Define Saturday and Sunday in the conditions as well as between 9:00AM and 5:30 PM.

In the TRUE part of the rule, put in the turn on switches. In the FALSE part of the rule (after the ELSE) then put in the turn off switches.

At 9:00AM the trigger will cause the rule to be evaluated. Since the time will be between 9:00AM and 5:30 PM, the rule will be TRUE and your lights will turn on. The 2nd trigger will cause the rule be evaluated at 5:31 PM and since it is after 5:30, the rule will evaluate as FALSE and the lights will turn off.

Hopefully, you following what I am saying.

1 Like