RIP Harmony

That does look very interesting...but Kickstarter. .

S.

ugh, $349. Not even close to the price point I need at this moment. It does look shiny and nice though!

They always do on Kickstarterā€¦

1 Like

My understanding is that their first remote required a small amount of assembly.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing. But with an oled Iā€™m not expecting much less than $300 atleast

Correct, pi 0 based. They said this one will come assembled

I'm not sure that's true about SmartThings. They just moved the focus to the software and cloud service rather than selling small hardware (which their customers can use any compatible devices anyway). And Samsung still have the cloud integration with their stronger electronics and appliances. I think that's a smart business move.
And they just announced integration with Somfy Shades and Blinds (for whatever that is), so they're not doing nothing.

Considering the original price of their hardware and their competitors and Aeotec's new pricing, they probably didn't make much profit from hardware sales but use them to build their large customer base.

I'm hoping my Elite will last a while, I did get a Companion for Ā£88 from Amazon just before the announcement to use as a backup just in case.

As for other products, this may have potential....

That YIO looks interesting, some questions answered here. It does look very delicate though, my Elite can handle being thrown around by my toddlers, not so sure the YIO would! It also looks like the hub is built-in to the charging stand, might be a bit awkward for placement.

The SofaBaton x1 looks more like a direct replacement. Especially with the inclusion of the hub. No idea when it will be released though. But we have time. Harmony is dead yet.

1 Like

Just tagging to keep an eye on this... I absolutely need some kind of option with a hub or go back to CEC. I designed my home theater where all the components are in a close off to the side. The room looks crisp and clean, but there's no way to get IR in that room from a remote without a blaster or hub of some sort.

Got this link on FB today for SofaBaton. 50% off when itā€™s released for a $1 down payment. Donā€™t know if itā€™s legit.

1 Like

Ya saw that a few weeks ago as well.

The interesting part is by their wording, its giving you a ruff cost of under ~200 for the remote. Thats a pretty good price point.

1 Like

Dunno. I gave my $1 and pre-ordered it a while back. We'll see.

1 Like

I put a $1 in. Lets see what happens. My old Harmony in the Bedroom gave up a few weeks ago and trying to do controller swaps really stinks.

I too have a Logitech Harmony Hub, and am looking for a replacement. I thought about the Broadlink RM Pro but as I understand it it won't control my Amazon Fire TV Stick??!!

The amazon Fire TV remote controls the Fire TV stick via bluetooth, so that's correct.