Ring Security System Zwave

Does Ring security system zwave -- Conflict with Hubitat ?
Is Hubitat primary Zwave controller? over Ring ?
I'm under the impression that a zwave sensor can only connect to 1 zwave controller?

Thanks

Yes, a single Z-Wave device can only be connected to a single controller. You can have a multiple Z-Wave networks. The only time that I know of that this would really become an issue is when joining new devices. In that instance, you'd want to power down any other controllers and then join the device and then power up the other controllers.

That makes sense.. I just found this.. So only Ring devices...

Although other Z-Wave sensors can be added to the system, they will not be used for security purposes or to dispatch the police.

1 Like

They also have the

Alarm Smoke & CO Listener..
This will work with First alert detectors. anyone doing this now ?

Ahhh, I see where you are going with it. So, you want to add other Z-Wave contact/motion/[other] sensors to Ring? Yeah, as I understand it, they only allow their branded sensors to participate in the actual security functions, which makes sense from a liability aspect.

This thread might help. There are some who managed to get the Ring Security System integrated into HE, but it looks, um, convoluted.

Ring Alarm integration and GitHub - asishrs/smartthings-ringalarm: SmartThings Ring Alarm Integration

As long as only one controller is in inclusion mode at a time you shouldn't run into any problems joining devices. I'm using 6 z-wave controllers and I've joined thousands of devices without any problems.

1 Like

Wow... Thanks..

What about distance from sensors that talk to different controllers?
Should they be a certain distance ?
Is there and conflict or frequency stepping on?
sensors not working or delays?

The distance between devices shouldn't matter, but the hubs should probably have some space between them. I think Hubitat support recommends something like 6-8' apart.