RING Doorbell integration

Hi there,

Is it possible to integrate a ring doorbell 3 without a ring hub?

A Ring Alarm Hub should not be required to use the unofficial ring integration.

The integration doesn’t allow to see live video though.

Recently, I did a house with Hubitat and Ring Video Doorbell.
I showed them together on an IPad which was fed by HomeBridge.
There also happens to be a Ring plugin for HomeBridge (to be run on the rpi), so the client sees both the Ring Video and the Hubitat devices on the same page.

3 Likes

Yes, I wish I could put my Ring doorbell video (continuous) on my dashboard by only using HE.

It does sorta. It does allow you to push to a dashboard which you can set to update once per second... This is how I had mine set up when I had it.

2 Likes

I've done this too and it works rather well. In fact when I was messing around with different ways of integrating the Ring - the plugin didn't quite work for me at the time but that was a while ago so also tried Home Assistant which was okay but there were at least 2 different integrations/addons to choose from and the one that worked for me best was a little complicated to install (no UI), the Homebridge integration worked great from the start.

Was able to use the button press of the doorbell to trigger an old Aeotec Siren via HE.

1 Like

I know this is a known issue, but anyone has a fix for Ring API being disconnect from hubitat after 1 or 2 day. It is so annoyed that I had to delete all devices, re-login, re-add devices back to the app.... every 2-3 days.

I dumped mine. Now use a Reolink POE and it works great....