RGBW Tube Light Support

Anyone had experience with this? Looking to replace my kitchen fluorescent lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08181SN7W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OEocEb02WMNNN

They're definitely not compatible out of the box.

However, if they can be controlled using the Magic Home app, then it's possible that @adamkempenich's Magic Home device integration can help you make them Hubitat-controllable.

1 Like

Thanks! Do you have any other device suggestions for replacing fluorescent light bulbs with something more smart home oriented? I purchased an inovelli dimmer to control them.

If you want them to be dimmable, you'll have to get a dimmable LED T8. Something like this:

Note that you'll have to bypass the ballast and starter to use these tubes.

The T8 fixtures in my kitchen and garage are controlled by smart switches (not dimmers), and have electronic ballasts. I didn't feel like rewiring the fixtures, so I used Philips InstantFit LED T8 tubes. Had them in there now for about 6 years. Work fine. The ones in the kitchen are contolled by a Caseta switch and the ones in the garage by a Zooz switch.

Got it, will probably try the colored ones, want to coordinate with my Philips Hue if possible, thanks!

FYI, they won't work well with a dimmer. Use them with a controlled switch.

Looks like the ones linked use Tuya’s integration—they won’t work with the MagicHome driver. Too bad, I was really excited about that for a hot minute.

2 Likes

Would something like this work?

Which Tuya-based light strip would work with Hubitat??

None of the Tuya devices natively work with HE. As Ryan mentions in that post, you may be able to flash the firmware over---which I'd highly recommend doing if you're capable of doing so.

To be clear though... I don't believe these tube lights use a ESP chip because I couldn't find anything like them on the tasmota github page. The method to flash the firmware only works with ESP8266/ESP8255 based lights or Tuya modules with Tuya convert. That's why I didn't post that as an option when I first saw your thread. I looked all over the tasmota listing and couldn't find anything that looked remote like these.

Thanks guys, all the devices coming out are difficult to keep up with! On a side note, just got Phillips hue as well as the MyQ integrations working, loving the HE so far!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.