RGBW can't set color temperature

How incredibly insightful. Thank you for educating me.

2 Likes

is there a solution for this, i've downloaded and installed several updates since then i it is still not working, anyone has some news on this?

You grabbed the updates, pressed configure and the CT still doesn't work? This was resolved several releases ago. Are you sure you're on the correct driver and not on the 'workaround' driver? Did you press configure after you made the driver switch?

2 Likes

I'm in latest release, im using the Advanced Zigbee RGBW driver, and i pressed configure after driver switch, also this is happening with the tasmota RGBW bulbs that i have.

Well, I'm out of ideas then. It sounds like you did all the same steps I did.

most of the posts in this thread are pretty old, so lets start over with your issue.
What specific device are you having issues with?, and what is the error log produced when you send which specific command?

1 Like

I have a Gledopto RGBW Zigbee Led strip controller, I use Advance Zigbee RGBW Bulb Driver (the one from HE, no community driver). When i try to Set Color Temperature, it sends this error:

2021-10-22 01:26:28.862 pm errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero on line 906 (method parse)

Now when i go into another Device, a RGBCCT light bulb flashed with tasmota, and try to set Color Temperature, it sends this error:

2021-10-22 01:34:57.179 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_tasmota_Tasmota___Universal_Parent_385.componentSetColorTemperature() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper, java.math.BigDecimal, null, null) values: [Foco Steren 04 Terraza Derecho, 6000, null, null] Possible solutions: componentSetColorTemperature(com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper, java.math.BigDecimal) on line 115 (method componentSetColorTemperature)

The reason for this error is that the Tasmota Universal parent has a definition for the 'setColorTemperature' routine with only 2 parameters. You'll need to make a slight modification to the driver code. Have a look at this thread: - Tasmota Light not working with Color Temperature

Did you try the generic rgbw bulb driver? The advanced driver will not work with every device.

I just installed a Gledopto GLS-S-007Z blub (Box saysRGB+CCT) and am having the same problem described above. I can't get the color temp to change at all. It is stuck at 6535K, which is what it started as. Likewise, under state variables it says, " * ct : {current=0, requested=0, min=0, max=0}" I have tried the Advanced Zigbee RGBW driver it landed on, the Generic Zigbee RGBW Light and also a version of that modified like tomas1 suggested. No luck in any of those until I eventually got around to setting the transition time to something. I didn't notice that on this latest iteration because that part of the device settings page changed so much... I am running the newest release of HE.

Agreed! I ran into this same issue. I got it to work using the generic driver and setting my default "Transition time" in the Preference section. Thanks for the heads up!