Rev c4 z-wave 2.3.3.122

every since doing this update - my zwave has stopped working - mostly.
my whole house is run on avg lightning using lumi from a bunch of z wave sensors and now nothing works. I restarted the hub last night and got them back online - woke up this morning and no avg lumi lightning rules are firing.
Resarted the hub - avg lumi / motion lighting has started working again.

@bravenel

Node 0x03 looks borked.

Tagging @mike.maxwell @bcopeland

2 Likes

any update on this or do i need to keep rebooting my hub everyday to get it to work ?
@mike.maxwell @bcopeland

all of my zwave devices are still not working with the hub after the update.
the green light pings with my movement (on each device), but the device doesnt register with the hub UNTIL i restart it EVERY morning.

@mike.maxwell @bcopeland @bravenel

reboot my hub and all the devices starting registering with the hub and rules / etc start firing.

Garage Fibraro is what i am watching here.

@bravenel

If you think it is this update, why not just roll back to the previous 2.3.2 firmware? It can be done via the :8081 diagnostic menu.

Also, I don't think Bruce is the one you want to be tagging, this probably should go to someone else. I think @bobbyD would be a good starting point.

1 Like

ive already started upgrading to the new rooms app - so i dont want that to be a waste of time if i roll back.

@bobbyD can you please look at this for me please.

You can send me your hub's MAC address and we can check your hub's engineering log to see if we can figure what what's causing problems.

pm'd you @bobbyD

Thanks, took a look at your hub's engineering log and it looks like you had an app stuck in a schedule loop, but that is clear now and the hub appears in good shape.

hey @bobbyD ,
same issue today mate - no zwave devices working til i restarted the hub.

The problem might just be with the stick. There is nothing at hub level to indicate that you have any systematic problems.

but after its restarted it has 0 issues.

and the issue only started after the update.

You mean Room Lighting? That was in the previous release, 2.3.2.

I wonder if you have a device or an app that is going whacky? If you go to App Stats and Device Stats in the Logs tab, does anything stick out as using a lot of processor time?

Anything in your logs just before the time it quits? Errors? Warnings?

Backup before restoring the prior firmware version.

If the problem persists, it’s not the firmware update anyway. So restore your most recent backup that includes the work you’ve done with room lighting (assuming that’s the app you’re talking about).

That doesn’t necessarily mean that one thing caused the other. Only way to test out that theory is to restore a backup from before the upgrade, as others have suggested.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Rev c4 z-wave 2.3.3.122:

all the zwave devices seem to register at the time of the nightly that the hub does, and then Not respond after that.

do i restore to 233.122 or 232.141

and after reboot - works no issue.
time stamp bottom right to verify

there is nothing in the system alerts saying any excess load is on the hub or extra devices.

@marktheknife @bobbyD The last time ive needed to even login and touch the hub/its settings was the 1st of april 2022. I have changed nothing and done nothing since then. Thats how i know its the update that has borked something.

I am suspicious of your Aeon Multi 6a (0x03). It has been a long time since I studied the earlier routing tables, but there are no clusters, and those Device Type and Device ID look wrong, like there is corruption or some issue with the Zwave mapping. If this is the same device as your 0x05, shouldn't the Device ID/Type be identical? Compare your extenders and how they are the same ID and Type.

im assuming thats a question for @bobbyD cause I have no idea mate.

Maybe. But maybe not. You’ve identified a correlation, the way to verify that one thing caused the other is to revert.

Whichever version you upgraded from, when the devices were working as expected.

2 Likes