Resume music after Google TTS notifications

Is somebody aware on how to automatically resume music after google send a voice notification (TTS) ?? If I am listing spotify and then there is a TTS notification then the music will not resume automatically, I would have to ask again google to play music which is annoying

2 Likes

Found a discussion about it last year before the Chromecast Integration (beta) was ready. Maybe it's possible with @mike.maxwell 's implementation, but doesn't work with Cast Web TTS? I'm the wrong person to ask, so I'll just point you to the discussion and then respectfully bow out of the conversation.

1 Like

Would really like this too!

I am interested in this topic as well.

Spitballing here but... Is there a way to capture the stream that is playing then have a rule start that stream? It wouldn't be a pause of the song but its better than what I have to do now.

For the ones interested.. I just found out that the google relay is able to resume music after a TTS but it does not have as much options as the cast-web-api but just for in case you want to try

The actual stream is not broadcast back to HE (or at least it is not captured in the Node server in the case of cast-web-api).

Any updates on how to do this? If I'm listening to music and someone opens the door, I get a "door open" broadcast and the music does not resume.

I am using the google relay which will resume music after a TTS but there are some cons:

• you will hear always before the notification the sound of "broadcast from user name" and then the notification
  • you will not be able to choose which device you want the notification. It will just be spoken in all your google devices (in case you have many)
  • if you have many google speakers the voice will not be sync in all of them so one speaker will start to speak first and then the others creating a terrible echo

So I am living with above cons as I am always listening to music and I want it to be resumed after a TTS.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.